[quote=Robh3606;146084]No that's a first as far as I know. Do you know what the flux density is in the 093 gap??

I have no idea, my guess would be very poor.
NZ.

"Well you don't really know that. Larger pot doesn't always mean higher flux density by itself. An example would be the LE-15 and k-145. Largest pots JBL made howerer lower flux density than say a K 130"

I realize that many things affect the flux density in the magnetic gap, i.e. top plate thickness, voice coil gap, voice coil diameter, magnet size, magnet material, the design of the pot and its efficiency. I realize 112A magnet pots may not have the same level of flux density as your typical compression driver, however I believe it is a safe guess that it is much stronger than the stock 093Ti. I do not believe that simply making the voice coil underhung was responsible for the sizable efficiency gain. If there is someone who can measure the flux density of a stock 093 magnet pot, I would gladly mail it to them with no need for it to be returned.
I imagine that some members here might even know what that particular specification is.
NZ.

"How do you know whats really happening??? You have any measurement capability??"

Well, it's not something I care to brag about. The only acoustical measurement capability I have is a RadioShack analog sound level meter, I use it for crude comparison on pink noise.

"That diaphram has limited excursion capability. I was designed to be used with a tuned and sealed pot structure. There are None avaliable from JBL. If you overdrive it and that fractures the surround your out of luck."

More limited than say a compression driver?
Anyhow I have six more diaphragms if somehow I need them.
If it's traveling beyond its design parameters I imagine it's going to be making higher sound pressure levels somewhere in its audio spectrum. I am not crossing this driver outside its designed range, I am also using 24 dB per octave slopes. If it is resonating so intensely that it is over excursioning then I believe it would sound appalling.
I am well aware that the pot structure is integral part of the driver design, however without proper testing I cannot know what is happening exactly in the resonance department. What I can say is that this driver seems to be behaving extremely well. Regardless I do want to be more scientific in my approach to this hobby. In any case there was no way for me, RTA or not, to know in advance what would happen by using the 112A magnet structure on the 093Ti diaphragm assembly.
NZ.

"You can do a lot more with a lot less money."

Then I will try.
NZ.