Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 LastLast

Thread: YouTube (and others...) Music Vids - Referrals

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducatista47 View Post
    ..here is some Metallica! A dual solo performance video. Camille & Kennerly, the harp's revenge on Lindsey Sterling.
    My favorites were the Silent Lucidity and White Wedding covers.

After going through all the Harp Twins videos (Bear! Bear! Bear!... Bear...) the natural progression seemed to be to this little gem.

Obsolete
    After ten years this Brazilian band got a record contract a couple days ago when their new video hit 2 million views. Mizuho Lin has been their lead singer since 2010 but she also sings and teaches Opera style.

Lightbulb Great sonf and video!!

!!!

Marilyn Manson - (s)AINT (Explicit)

Requires age confirmation at youtube and that has been circumvented here

Inappropriate here on so many levels
    youtube blocks it from view and requires sign in to watch
    This forum doesn't allow written profanity religion or politics as far as I know, so why this?
    Please let the poster just provide the link to youtube and if people want to view this sort of filth they can sign in and do so
    I wouldn't want my young children to watch this crap
    Thanks
    Joe

the traditional fix method

Quote Originally Posted by hsosdrum View Post
    I personally want every note sung and played to be honest. "Fixing" mistakes in intonation destroys the emotional communication between the artist and listener. If the artist is honestly singing/playing perfectly in pitch and is communicating at the same time, great. If their performance wasn't pitch-perfect, I want to experience what they were actually doing. I can listen past intonation errors if there's real emotional communication happening in the recording..
    George Harrison first mentioned the Traveling Wilburys during a radio interview with Bob Coburn on the Rockline radio station in February 1988. When asked what he planned to do as a follow-up for his Cloud Nine album, Harrison replied: "What I'd really like to do next is... to do an album with me and some of my mates... a few tunes, you know. Maybe the Traveling Wilburys... it's this new group I got: it's called the Traveling Wilburys, I'd like to do an album with them and later we can all do our own albums again."[1] "Wilbury" was a slang term first used by Harrison during the recording of Cloud Nine with Jeff Lynne. Referring to recording errors created by some faulty equipment, Harrison jokingly remarked to Lynne, "We'll bury 'em in the mix".[2][3] Thereafter, they used the term for any small error in performance and the term was used again when the group were together.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traveling_Wilburys
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Nice Post.
    I liked this video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhOhGhq0e54

Ain't going to let this thread die. Goat Rodeo time.

From the trusty Tiny Desk Concert feed, 2011.

Information is not Knowledge; Knowledge is not Wisdom
    Too many audiophiles listen with their eyes instead of their ears

Tina Setkic

Okay, since most guitar heroes these days play Metal there are scads of YouTube musicians shredding in their bedrooms to a video cam. One good thing about it, unlike in the business females are not underrepresented. There are also a ton of young Japanese girls being flashy on the bass. With so many out there, and with many Heavy Metal leads and riffs having a semi-generic feel, the only thing that grabs my attention anymore is an above average choice of music to play. And I hadn't been grabbed forcefully since Orianthi channeled Carlos Santana.

Until the then fifteen-year-old (which has nothing to do with anything but bodes well for the future) Tina S did justice to David Gilmour's most beloved solo. She had me from the first note. As far as covers go, it brings to mind Jeff Beck playing Little Wing live. She's French. Sad to say, she gets a lot of backlash comments because she won't mug and wince like the guys usually do. Who cares... It's less than two minutes, give it a shot.

The second video: Even for this crowd Tina is fast and is an incredibly clean picker in anyone's book. Best of all, her left and right hands are equally adept. I just don't know what to say. (If you want another great talent that has really, really satisfying feel try fellow Frenchwoman Juliette Valduriez, aka Juliette Jade. Blazing speed, Juliana Wilson fron Argentina. Sophie Lloyd in the UK has a sweet, melodic Rock style and she sounds like a fully mature Classic Rock guitarist. So satisfying. Juliana, Tina and Sophie share the third video.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_P-t0idgqI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIGfO2Dgc9Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Puydxdh8w0

Cindy Combs plays her 1934 Martin O-18

I especially enjoy musicians holding forth with fine talent on an exceptional instrument. This is not limited to acoustic performance; Billy Gibbons on Pearly Gates, oh my. But here is Cindy Combs from Kauai playing two Slack Key solos on her 1934 Martin O-18. I have encountered the opinion that the mid 1930s was an especially sweet sweet spot for Martins. The "O" or double O or triple O Concert series have smaller bodies and more balanced tone; the Dreadnaughts sound to me like two distinct instruments at the same time, broadening the stage presence of a single accompanist. I could say impact over nuance, but it is more complicated than that. No question the volume and power of the Dreadnaught are intoxicating; also no question the OO records better. All generalizations, of course. I'll never complain about Tony Rice playing Clarence White's Martin, but there is another path and here are two superb examples of it. Both Cindy and the wood are sounding amazing.

Name:  Cindy Combs and Martin026.jpg
Views: 1560
Size:  127.6 KB

These links have audio and title cards only. No visual distractions. It's YouTube so the second track will play after another ad if you don't do anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGNK...4qFh5&index=52

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIJ8...bpJnrl3F04qFh5

Tedeschi Trucks Band: Tiny Desk Concert

Not everyone's cup of tea, but music doesn't get any more honest than this. Tremendous talent here. FYI Derek Trucks uses no pedals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRipadkd6wk

Anyone who hasn't heard of Samantha Fish yet?

Samantha has radically transformed her sound recently. Stick it out to seven minutes.

Dusan Bogdonovic

Guitar-Cello duets. There is more on his webpage. There is a slight glitch and yo have to back it up to the beginning when it opens. I know the composer's work from MA recordings put down almost thirty years ago.
    https://youtu.be/QlPn6QoxQQ0?t=23

Sister act CocoRosie performs live in the KEXP studio on 6/25/10

Thread Information