Thread: The H.H. Scott gear made it into the bedroom

The H.H. Scott gear made it into the bedroom

YUP!............And I could not be happier. I will say it again the Scott 208 power amp and the 355 tunner/pre-amp is one of of the best sounding rigs I have ever heard!!

As Baretta used to say "You can take that to the bank"

Paragon
    Olympus
    L-100's
    4311's

As Chico would say, "Looking good..."

Now if I can just get my wife, or some other bird in there.............
    Paragon
    Olympus
    L-100's
    4311's

Why? Looks like heaven already.

(All I got is this lousy brake job. )

Nightbrace
    I've always lusted for the HH Scott 355 tuner/pre... If you are ever wanting to sell, please let me know... Neat that you have the factory matching 208 amp to go with it. I own a HH Scott 222c with the 7591 output tubes. The sound is simply stunning, using it to run my Altec 19s.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbrace View Post
    I've always lusted for the HH Scott 355 tuner/pre... If you are ever wanting to sell, please let me know... Neat that you have the factory matching 208 amp to go with it. I own a HH Scott 222c with the 7591 output tubes. The sound is simply stunning, using it to run my Altec 19s.
    That combo sounds excellent. I am still a MAC snob but the Scot gear is up there.

A nice 355 with a wood case just sold on EEEEEEEEBAY for $820.00
    Paragon
    Olympus
    L-100's
    4311's

Nightbrace
    Thats crazy money for an HH Scott. Are people finally catching on?? Its a really neat unit though... The HH Scott integrateds will sound just as good as what you have, unless you MUST have a tuner... But you could always find a nice Vintage tuner for pretty cheap.. And for a bedroom especially, its just not worth it. Although I'd love to have it in my bedroom, with Altec Valencias perhaps, (assuming I can have the ones currently on Ebay shipped to me )

Hmm, I have a MAC 2100 I am considering selling,, possible trade considered?? You could always be on the lookout for a HH Scott 130 pre to go with it. That would be a killer combo, or a MAC tuner/pre similiar to the HH Scott 355.

What CD player you got in there? And which version of the L100's you using?? If you're up to it, I'd love for you to try the LE5-6/8/10/12 mids with those speakers. No one I know ever wanted to take my advice and do the swap. They should sound noticably better, and the only thing I can think of as to why no one takes me up on this recommendation is that they like the "signature" LE5-2 sound.. or are just afraid to try anything. If this is the case, why not have one set of L100's and the "better" 4312's with LE5-12 mids..

I have contemplated getting a pair of 4312 as an upgrade to my L36's for quite some time, but not too sure I'd be into the "signature" 70's JBL bass peak. Would the only reason for me to buy a L100/4311 is to have both the "signature" peaked bass and "signature" LE5-2 sound? The L36 has neither of these qualities and its only real inadequacy is in the upper bass. Which they made a round LE10 variant to put in these cabs. It wouldn't be "butchering" if I made them fit in there would it?? I'd rather have that combo than a 4312 anyday.

NB

Although I have always been in to early 60s British MOD fasion, music, and lifestyle I have never been one to MOD my rigs. I like things pretty straight forward and stock.

I will eventually sell the 355 when I find a nicer one with a wood case. Untill then that puppy is pulling duty in the bedroom.
    Paragon
    Olympus
    L-100's
    4311's

Nightbrace
    I understand about the drivers, I don't disagree with you...

Let me know if you want to sell that 355, but don't expect me to pay $820 for it /

Originall written by nightbrace

I'd love for you to try the LE5-6/8/10/12 mids with those speakers. No one I know ever wanted to take my advice and do the swap. They should sound noticably better, and the only thing I can think of as to why no one takes me up on this recommendation is that they like the "signature" LE5-2 sound.. or are just afraid to try anything.
    I did switch the mids in my L100s, but I went with the 104H-2s. They are much nicer than the LE5-2s and I made money on the deal.

Now if I could only get a new set of grilles for those L-100's

Paragon
    Olympus
    L-100's
    4311's

Nightbrace
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusnzha View Post
    Originall written by nightbrace

I did switch the mids in my L100s, but I went with the 104H-2s. They are much nicer than the LE5-2s and I made money on the deal.

All the more reason to swap, those LE5-2's are "collectible", never tried 104H-2's with stock L100s. Did you try the LE5-6/8/10/12 before converting to the 104H-2? The 104H-2 will have a smoother response than both and even a little smoother than the 104H's. It was a good idea to try these to "calm down" the system so to speak.. I have always preferred the LE5-6/8/10/12's over all of these so its the obvious choice for me...

I am considering buying some 4311B's just so that I don't have to mess with modifying stock speakers that someone else may want. I think I'd enjoy these more than the L36's I currently own.. I was never really crazy about the bass peak that the L100's have, so I never really bothered to look into them more. But if I decide to buy something like the 4311B or 4312, I'll definitely want to get a set of L100's just so I can hear what the difference is. I've always wanted to try all these variations in identical speakers so that I could get an objective answer, but never really have had the opportunity to do something like this. Maybe someone here has??

Thread Information