Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: HT Pre opinions

Wow, I do not log on for a while, and get more helpful responses than I expected! Sorry to be rude and not post back, but I ended up needing to go to meetings in Las Vegas, and did not have internet access.

To answer earlier questions, as far as source material, currently have the option of DVD or (sorry in advance) Sony PS1. And yes, I am using separate amps. I also listen to my local public radio station (music mainly) and am looking into going the HD radio in the future, but that will be a separate post all together.

The option of a separate system is something I have been kicking around as well. I have a Russound speaker switcher (or whatever it is called) that actually has inputs for 2 separate sources along side of the 6 speaker outputs. I used to use both inputs in a previous house where input one was essentially speaker ‘B’ to give stereo front and back, and the other for the rear channel when watching movies (back when I was using an old Pioneer receiver). I was hoping to get away from additional pieces, but do I understand that this may be the best (and affordable) option?

With that in mind, Widget mentioned the concept of pre-amps for under $500. Any recommendations? I know that the Adcom 750 has been given great reviews, any history with the GFP 715? Unfortunately, I am lazy enough to need a remote (to control from the kitchen), so old tube stuff will not be practical.

As always, I greatly appreciate the help.

MJC

Talking

For my stereo setup I might be getting a Citation 17 pre-amp and I might bid on a Hafler XL-280 power amp or a Citation 19.

Thread Information