Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LE14H-3

Quote Originally Posted by sourceoneaudio View Post
    For everyones information. As of yesterday the LE14H-3 became available from JBL.
    part number 336321-001 Woofer $279.93 1/23/2007This is the woofer that comes in the 1400 ARRAY BG Same driver as the LE14H-1 parameters run on each speakers are almost identical. The LE14H-3 is down 1db on output. other than that they are identical. The -3 driver has a rubber surround so no more re-foaming/rotting>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

Put these in your 250TI's and enjoy the music.

J/S-S1A

http://www.harmanaudio.com/search_br...0%20ARRAY%20BG
    Oh oh, showing not available already. Maybe only one day only sale.

DavidF

Cool Holy Crap!!!!!!!

I can't believe they sold out in one day or so. Yesterday they showed not ava. at one point and then I went back 2hrs later and they were up again. Maybe a glitch???????

J/S-S1A

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidF View Post
    Oh oh, showing not available already. Maybe only one day only sale.
    I can't believe they sold out in one day or so.
    They're just spare parts, usually "not good enough" cosmetically to go into a production loudspeaker system. JBL Consumer doesn't keep this stuff on hand anymore since they are no longer in the Loudspeaker Components Series business. Add to wish list so your pair will be added to a production run. You'll get them eventually, it just takes patience.

Obsolete
    Are not the x-overs 18db per octave in both speakers? I'm looking at the network as we speak on a 250TI. That is a sharp enough slope and if x-over point is below spike I would think it would not be noticeable at all.???

J/S-S1A
    6 dB per octave on the LE14H-1 in the 250Ti and 12 dB per octave on the LE14H-1 in the 240Ti.

If G.T. says the LE14H-3 is a bolt-in, and he just did forty minutes ago, then that's good enough for me.

x-over

I was referring to the slope on the 104H being 18db per octave. I also see in the network for the 250TI a 12db per octave network for the LE14H-1. 6.0mh coil in series and a 24uf cap parallel. With imp. correction components.

J/S-S1A
    Last edited by sourceoneaudio; 01-24-2007 at 07:14 PM. Reason: more to say

Obsolete
    I was referring to the slope on the 104H being 18db per octave. I also see in the network for the 250TI a 12db per octave network for the LE14H-1. 6.0mh coil in series and a 24uf cap parallel. With imp. correction components.
    I think I posted years ago what each component of the filter was doing. I don't feel like looking for it right now.

The 24 uF parallel capacitor is part of the RC conjugate that flattens the impedance curve of the LE14H-1. It works in conjunction with it's 7.5 ohm resistor. I've posted numerous examples of these filters.

Here is the 250Ti low pass filter fed into an 8 ohm dummy load. Without conjugate, with conjugate and with the resistor removed from the 24 uF capacitor creating a true 2-pole filter.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by edgewound View Post
    Rubber surrounds rot, too.....just in a different manner....they crack....like the Cali Desert floor.
    I'm sure that your experience with rubber surrounds compared to mine is probably 1000 to 1 or more so I'm not trying to bump heads or anything but rubber as well as being a narrowly defined material that surrounds may or may not have been made out of is a rather generic term covering probably probably hundreds of products and in my time on the internet trying to source things, (self abuse comes in many forms) I've found that "rubber" surrounds are made of at least a dozen compounds and I would guess many more so yes rubber surrounds do rot but not all of them and I have no idea what these are made of. I would think that made of identical substances foam would go first if it is exposure to the environment that gets them, just because it has more surface area.

My re-foamer has stated to me at the moment no. If somethig comes up I will post it.

J/S-S1A
    No it wouldn't interchange, or no there isn't a source?

Quote Originally Posted by Thom View Post
    No it wouldn't interchange, or no there isn't a source?
    For the mechanical properties of the transducer to remain as designed, you'd have to find a rubber surround identical to the original foam...which is a tough proposition. They're also more difficult to glue.

Rot is not the only wear related problem, either. The rubber compound surround will also wear at the fulcrum point at it's attachment. Foam is more forgiving at the fulcrum point due to the internal damping and air pockets to dissipate stored energy....heat. That heat build-up at the fulcrum points will eventually lead to a split. This is usually attributable to high excursion usage.....

But hey....I'll stick to my original statement. Rubber surrounds rot too.
    Edgewound...JBL Pro Authorized...since 1988
    Upland Loudspeaker Service, Upland, CA

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by edgewound View Post
    Rot is not the only wear related problem, either.
    Absolutely. Some of the newest JBL transducer designs specifically address spider fatigue in a whole new way.

I need some advice...

I have been playing with the new woofers for a couple of weeks now, the bass is astonishing and it fills the room. On Leftfield, I sometimes wonder if I have got a Kappa system. But, occasionally, The tweeter and the midrange seems to be a bit high.... I am a devoted fan to Yello, and Dieter Meier`s voice, but I have not heard him as a "snake" before...... My buddy and I played a lot, last night, while my wife went out for a walk, and the high frequency got into a more normal state... He also was impressed by the attack in the bass.

I have ordered the midrange from Harman also, I thought it was a good thing to do, you`ll never know when they will be out of parts....

Any replies/experiences?

Sincerely Primus.

You know my advice/experience - be prepared to wait a long time. But your woofers got there pretty quick, hopefully you'll have good luck with the mids as well.

I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffW View Post
    You know my advice/experience - be prepared to wait a long time. But your woofers got there pretty quick, hopefully you'll have good luck with the mids as well.

But did you experience any change in the overall soundclarity in the tweeter and the midrange? I played som hours, yesterday, and the high frequencies got more "back to normal" and the bass in Roger Waters "amused to death" was breathtaking!! They have never played so loud and heavy...... seems like they`re getting more signal/higher signal..... I have not changed the midrange yet, Harman says they will arrive in 2-3 days....

Primus.

Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    But did you experience any change in the overall soundclarity in the tweeter and the midrange? I played som hours, yesterday, and the high frequencies got more "back to normal" and the bass in Roger Waters "amused to death" was breathtaking!! They have never played so loud and heavy...... seems like they`re getting more signal/higher signal..... I have not changed the midrange yet, Harman says they will arrive in 2-3 days....

Primus.
    I never used the LE14-3 woofers, and haven't changed anything on the 250Ti, but also haven't used them in several years.

Ok

Quote Originally Posted by JeffW View Post
    I never used the LE14-3 woofers, and haven't changed anything on the 250Ti, but also haven't used them in several years.
    Ok. Do you know someone who might have changed them? Or is there anyone here in the forum who did so? I see that the thread is from 2007, so perhaps someone took the opportunity...... I see that members discussed some of the challanges I might experience....

Primus.

Thread Information