Thread: JBL 4411

JBL 4411

Hello. I'm new in this amazing lansing heritage forum. I'm very proud to be among you and to share the passion for JBL. The last time I send a message but I think I used the wrong place of the forum. Because of no reply. I try here. So, my father still own his fabulous L300, and I brought up on the music through this tremendous loudspeakers.
    And by chance I'm in possession of a pair of 4411 ( a gift of a musician friend). Driven by a powerful mcintosh integrated amplifier(very heavy). He sold the mc. Anyway, this kind of amp is too expensive for me. So, I'm looking for a good amp (integrated or not). Would you be so kind to give me some advices. I will be very grateful to you for it.
    Thank you and Jappy Bew Lear !

JonyBgood

Hi JBgd... what would you consider to be available to you (preferences + cost and location limits)? Personally, I would look for a 100-300W/ch amp. -grumpy

JBL 4411

Hi Grumpy. Thank you for your answer. About the cost : more or less $500-700 maximum. I think I'm going to try on ebay for the purchase, for this kind of price. A punchy and sweet amp , I don't know Grumpy. What do you think ? NAD, LUXMAN, MARANTZ(USA), .....Anyway, I need, as you say, a power of about 100-300watts. The 4411 : 90dec./1watt/1meter, this loudspeakers need sufficient current and above all sufficient power to "move" the subwoofer. Thank you Grumpy.

JonyBgood

riddle : a piece of buttered bread land on his buttered side, a cat land on his paws, what about a piece of buttered bread on the back of a cat...?

Quote Originally Posted by JonyBgood View Post
    What do you think ? NAD, LUXMAN, MARANTZ(USA)
    Marantz started out in USA , but in all the pieces I've ever seen, they were all from Japan, as is LUX. NAD is Taiwan.
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Marantz(USA) would kill your budget. If you need both pre and power amps (or integrated),
    I'd look at NAD as having a reasonable offering from the list you mentioned.
    Check past reviews for your own reference. You'll have to find out what -you-
    like, both sound and feature-wise (and perhaps even looks). -grumpy

happy hunting!

JBL 4411

Hi Grumpy, Hi Seawolf97. I can buy a good amp. Hafler, Crown, even Mark Levinson, or another very good one, and expensive. But, in Belgium, you can find this kind of amplifier, not too expensive, why not expensive ? because they doesn't work !! It's unbelievable, but it's often the case ! They are sold at a ridiculous price in comparison to the value of these very good amp. But, but, but ...there is a snag : it's impossible to find in this country a qualified technician, a good one, specialized to repair a Crown or something like that. You have to pick up your car, to run hundreds miles as far as Paris or London (I prefer London, with the french I become spotty ) Anyway, I'm going to set off after that. A question for Seaw97 : is it true that you can find in Oregon the biggest pine tree named Douglas ?

Thank you guys. JonyBgood

I drive my 4411 with a Yamaha M-45. 125/ch works for me

Quote Originally Posted by JonyBgood View Post
    A question for Seaw97 : is it true that you can find in Oregon the biggest pine tree named Douglas ?

Thank you guys. JonyBgood
    Hi

We have lots of large Douglas Fir trees , maybe not the largest , BUT we do have the worlds largest Sitka Spuce tree. And lots of big cedars. And a spectacular coast. Come on over , you'll like it. (lots of JBLs too )
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Watch ebay for good recent Rotel You should be able to get a recent pre power in your price range. Most of the power amps can be bridged.

I've powered my L112s (similar enough to a 4411, right?) with a Crown D150 for over twenty years. Sounds great. I'm currently running a pair of 4412As with Crown PS200 and PS400, swapping, and both sound great. You can find Crown D150s (especially the no-face-plate version like my first) often for under $100.

The Mcintosh integrated amplifier is good enough. If it's too expensive, you can find used amps online which cost way cheaper.

How about these

On a budget.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/LUXMAN-R-1120-AM...QQcmdZViewItem

I bought a 1978 Sansui G-901db (G 9000) reciever 4 years
    ago and could not be happier powering my L-65 a
    Jubal speakers. (160 watts of pure power)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rotel-RA-2030-11...QQcmdZViewItem

Thread Information