I have a pair of JBL C38 cabinets with D131 woofers, 075 tweeters, and N2400 crossovers. There is an occasional buzz coming from, I believe, one of the D131's. It sounds like it originates near the top edge. I pulled the back off the cabinet and everything looks OK. I tried removing the grill, but after removing the front feet of the cabinet and two blocks that hold it in place, it will only slide out about four or five inches. For obvious reasons, I do not want to force things. Does anyone know how to remove these grills?

For reference the D131's are the older flatback (pre-1955) models. The 075 tweeters were listed first in the 1956 catalogue. The N2400 crossovers were first listed in the 1957 catalogue. They were my dad's speakers and I honestly don't know if they were originally sold with just the D131's or with the current two-way set. Other than the intermittent buzz on one recording, they sound fine. Still, I would like to take a look at the front of the D131 before I take it to Orange County Speaker. Just for comparison, there is no buzz from the recording using a pair of Mission 737 speakers.

Thanks,

Paul
[email protected]