Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2435 HPL- 2 way 750hz

Optimized Aperture 2381 horn plays well down in your range of interest (700 - 800 Hz) with 2435HPL, but the compensation from this filter is wrong for it, and you'd have to work that out. There's also directivity index issues in the vertical above 10 kHz to address.

I've struggled with it several times, now, trying to make it happen, without success. It plays well with 2452H-SL using a different filter, but with 2435HPL, it can't be EQ'd with uniform VHF power response in the vertical. I previously found similar in 2332's horizontal, and a different SRX horn, as well.

Not an option for me; I've all but abandoned this combination. It think it's something about the geometry. Three-way, maybe.

[More horns coming in March... ]
    Attached Images Attached Images  

More horns coming in March... what does this mean ?

Quote Originally Posted by kartsmart View Post
    More horns coming in March... what does this mean ?
    I have three more different horn types I've never tried with 2435HPL presently on order with JBL: two consumer horns and one pro waveguide.

They are all scheduled for delivery in March.

After them, I think I'll be done tryin' horns/waveguides here.

[For a while.... ]

ill post up the 2435s with the am6200/95 wave giude in a week or 2 when my friend brings over siasoft.

Cool. I have no experience with that filter, and would like to see how it plays with 2435....

when u say "filter" do u mean horn or u wanting me to post up the chart run through the factory network card thats in that box designed for the 2431 high...i was just gonna post it up with no eq...just a x-over point.

the horn is really small...like 4 inches deep and 10 inches wide.....very different that the one in the Vertec 4889...i hope i dont do more harm than good by switching these out.....but my Rane 26Z has processing out the ass so we'll see.

It has a network in it, crossing between the MF and HF at 2.1 kHz, 4th order with two notch filters, a series and a parallel, looks like:

http://www.jblproservice.com/pdf/AE%...6200,95-WH.pdf

That's tailored to the 2431, but may also work reasonably well with 2435, though, as I say, I've never tried that one.

Best would be to compare how it performs with both drivers on that network....

Vertec uses three 2435s on planar waveguides. You're talking different animals here....

Quote Originally Posted by Zilch View Post

Vertec uses three 2435s on planar waveguides. You're talking different animals here....
    thats what worries me a bit (when i say worriy i mean will it do more harm than good to switch out them out with the 2431's).....the million$ question is if JBL designed that 2435 JUST for the vertec or maybe they have plans down the road to put it in another enclosure. Maybe if they see enough of us use it otherwise..they will....what i would give to see it in a 2 way mid high box in the SRX-700 series....one like i got but with handles and a bit smaller. When i stack my AM6200's on top of my 3 doulble 15's and double 18's...it makes sum people nervous, lol.

What horns come drilled for this thing? I suppose it's not that big of a deal but I haven't found a 11/2 drilled for it yet. This is probably going to confirm me as a dummy but hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Thom View Post
    What horns come drilled for this thing?
    PT Waveguides, 2332, and a forgettable SRX horn. 2352 and 2381 Optimized Aperture horns (one other, too, I think,) have to be drilled. Read up in the Q&D threads:

http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/s...ead.php?t=9901

Some Harman Consumer horns, also, limitedly accessible....

Anyone with any back round or built the yuichi a290 horn ?
    It could work well with the 2435 driver ?
    yuichi a290 horn plans.pdf
    I have made a copy of the smith horn 2397s and though it sounded good, but would never would make it as a 2 way system, but I wonder if the larger yuichi could ?

Quote Originally Posted by Thom View Post
    What horns come drilled for this thing? I suppose it's not that big of a deal but I haven't found a 11/2 drilled for it yet. This is probably going to confirm me as a dummy but hey.
    the horn in the am6200 fit perfectly...so i imagine all jbl 1.5 exits will work.

http://www.jblpro.com/pages/componen...25354.htm#2352

RIP 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Vincenzo View Post
    the horn in the am6200 fit perfectly...so i imagine all jbl 1.5 exits will work.

http://www.jblpro.com/pages/componen...25354.htm#2352
    The horns you linked to will NOT work with the 243X series of drivers unless you redrill the mounts. They're designed for the 2447 series of drivers, that while 1.5", they have a completely different mounting bolt pattern.

BTW - I have a pair of JBL PT-H95 horns for sale that will work with the 243X series of drivers. I bought them thinking they'd work with the 2447 drivers, but unlike the bigger horns that can be redrilled for the smaller 243X drivers, these PT horns cannot be easily made to work with the larger 2447 drivers. $75 for the pair of PT-H95's I have, which is less than half retail.

John

well that sucks...i stand corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Vincenzo View Post
    well that sucks...i stand corrected.
    Not a HUGE problem to drill the new holes, actually.

The big 2352 is one horn that works really well with 2435HPL here....

[JBL calls it "Medium Format." Right. In a stadium, maybe.... ]

Thread Information