Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: are jbl l200b any good

Another difference between the L200B and the L300 was that the L300 used the HL92 horn, while the L200B used the shorter HL91 horn.
    Mike

No, Angel, I think we agree it would sound better with the UHF and appropriate crossover.

And, that 901 challenge is simply nonesense. That, my friend, is JBL Envy (or deafness...), plain and simple!

I'm about to repeat a joke Widget told me (I think...): James B. Lansing met Bose in a hallway, and Bose cupped his mouth and said "hello, how are you...?", to which James B. turned to the wall and said "fine, and you...?"...
    Last edited by boputnam; 12-30-2003 at 06:17 PM.
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

angel mercado
    i told hom no highs no lows just bose and to keep his 18 midrange drivers away from me

angel mercado
    that was funny i think the bose guy brain is like this

Bose 901's my L100's could kill them.

Some people just like them. I know a few. They think I'm nuts Why bother with those things when you can have it all from my Bose system!!! Poor misguided souls.

Hello Angel

Those a real nice speakers! Like Don said you have the right version. Enjoy them

Sorry Bo had to get them in somewhere,

Rob
    Last edited by Robh3606; 12-30-2003 at 07:42 PM.

I'm not going to Bose Bash.......to many to do it for Me. I never did get the 901s.....I owned a pair and set them up with the equalizer....everything, all the experimenting and placement, Just never got it?

Hello Audiobeer

I used to go to a bar that used them for the DJ's music. They were not horrible but they sure were power hungry. They had a Dynaco ST-400 which had a user selectable soft limit feature it went like this 20 watts 40 watts 60 watts and I think 80 watts was the last one. They had them set up at 60 and the lights were on. It was a small bar about the size my friend did DJ work in. I lent him my ST400 when his amp was down one night. He had the "wrong" version of the L200 as his DJ speakers. We set the limiter on 20 to see if we could light it. Forget it!! We could get it to flicker but it was way too loud and those 901's could not compare even to that version.

Rob
    Last edited by Robh3606; 12-30-2003 at 08:00 PM.

Originally posted by Robh3606
    Bose 901's my L100's could kill them.
    BEAUTY!! Rob... I was gonna myself, but, youe know, thoots is likely to resurface from holiday any day now, and, well, you know, keeping the Peace and all...

The rhythym guitar player in my band (also owns BlueCornMusic.com, an indie label) loved his 501's and 901's 'till he started "listening around". Seems he contracted a JTD (JBL Transmitted Disease..) and now has a pair of 4313B's (thanks, Audiobeer!) supporting his mix-down room. Nice...

We are spreading the word, my friends...
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

JBL Dog
    Originally posted by Audiobeer
    I'm not going to Bose Bash.......to many to do it for Me. I never did get the 901s.....I owned a pair and set them up with the equalizer....everything, all the experimenting and placement, Just never got it?
    I have to admit, I do have a Bose surround system in the Family room. It isn't that bad of a set-up. The sub is weak. I'm considering getting one of the powered JBL consumer rigs to replace it.

Now, the 901's. I will take my place in line behind the rest of you with a 38 ounce baseball bat and wait my turn to take a swing at whatever's left. Arguably the most overrated speaker EVER!!

I'm with you, Audiobeer. I don't get it either!!

This message comes from JBL Dog
    Last edited by JBL Dog; 12-30-2003 at 11:06 PM.

angel mercado
    so from what are saying i can probrably keep these and alot of people wont laugh at me i personally like them compared to those maggies in the pictures i had those too but man they just didnt do it for me i really like the altecs vot those were nice and my wife actually let me keep those and she is japanese im lucky i gues i really want to get my friends sovereigns those are really nice now only if he will let me buy them he is the same nice guy who sold those l200b to me for 800 so what kind of amps to you people use on your jbls and can you please post pics of your rigs i like drooling over stereo equiptment i have had about all of them to from electrostatics to horns and i prefer horns i ran those jbls with a fisher 400 reciever it is tubed and only had 28 watts but man it sounded really good to my ears i wish i had my dynaco mk111s so these are effieciant speakers they say 80 db 1 watt at distance of 15 feet

Angelo,

Nice catch, keepem and enjoy.

The Maggies are a nice boxeless sound but the are colored to the extend of rather limited transients beyond the capacity of the panels, hence you JBL may sound crisper in dynamics.

I'm sure your tubed Fisher is a fine amp for these Jbls.

If you wish to butter your shortbread, consider enhancing the design with some non permanent tweeks like damping the horn with sorbathane and 1/4 inch open cell foam under the acoustic lense, and if you are keen upgrade the crossover with some Audiocaps, even re diaphrapm the driver

Ian

jandregg
    Ian

Maron Horonzakz
    I can piss louder than Maggies.

jandregg
    Ian,
    Have you listened to horn and lense dampened this way. What did you think?

jandregg

Not yet..shortly

Ian

Thread Information