Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: are jbl l200b any good

angel mercado

Question are jbl l200b any good

Hello im new here. i recently bought a pair of jbl l200b for 800 dollars here in Tulsa oklahoma. these are in good shape but i was wondering are these a good speaker to have also how would i place them any input will help thank you

I liked them for years. They are great if you like thumping bass. The price you paid isn't bad and you could always make money if the cabinets and drivers are in good shape. I personaly do not like them anymore as I have listened to other JBLs and my listening tastes have changed over the years. I would rather listen to a pair of 4311s or 4312s than those. It is a matter of opinion but I think most people here would agree, for what those go for there are many other models of JBLs that will sound much better and have more range. Now that's just an opinion from the cheap seats.

angel mercado

well thank you for the reply audiobeer i really appreciate it i had a pair of vots before these and these jbl are as heavy but not as bulky as the a-7 were i hope i make friends here seems like a great spot hang out i enclosed a picture of the a-7 i had will post pics of jbls soon

angel mercado

well thank you for the reply audiobeer i really appreciate it i had a pair of vots before these and these jbl are as heavy but not as bulky as the a-7 were i hope i make friends here seems like a great spot hang out i enclosed a picture of the a-7 i had will post pics of jbls soon
    Attached Images Attached Images  

angel mercado
    here are some pics from my jbl l200b sorry about the darkness i made my room into a theater room and camera really isnt great ill get better ones

angel mercado
    here is the other one

angel mercado
    here is a side view

angel mercado
    and at a angle i love these they sure dont make stuff nowadays like they use to they think a 6.5 driver and a 1 inch tweeter you see at ultimate electronics for 2300 dollars is hi end

For $800 you stole them!!!!!

JBL Dog

Re: are jbl l200b any good

Originally posted by angel mercado
    Hello im new here. i recently bought a pair of jbl l200b for 800 dollars here in Tulsa oklahoma. these are in good shape but i was wondering are these a good speaker to have also how would i place them any input will help thank you
    Angel:

You came to the right place for an "opinion" on anything JBL. I'm suprised there aren't about 100 responses. But, I guess the recent debate over L100's has shyed a few people away.

Personally, I have never heard a set of L200's. However, I listened to other JBL systems with "like" components. I would have to agree with Audiobeer's opinion. Dynamic range could be lacking on the L200's. Down the road you may want to add an 077/2405 with an N8000 crossover and go 3-way. JMHO.

Good Luck!

This message comes from JBL Dog

For classic rock......or if you have those setting on a wood floor (Wood joyces) and not a slab floor, they will really kick some butt for Home theater also!

angel mercado
    oh by the way these arte my speakers man i read some of those scams on ebay posted in here you guys really look out for another thanks for the opinions

The L200B is very similar to the L300 but without the high frequency extension. I quite like them.

The original L200A was the quintessential boom box. It was purposely designed to be a "rock" speaker, or at least what Marketing thought a "rock" speaker should sound like. To Audiobeer, I'm wondering if your impressions of the L200 aren't based on that version.

The "B" version was a complete redesign by Greg Timbers to be the home equivalent of the 4330 monitor. The underdamped LE15B was replaced with the much more accurate 136A and the cross-over was tuned specifically for this system. It is significantly better than the L200A.

I would go with JBL Dog's advice and see if you can't find a pair of 077's and N8000's. Adding these will effectively turn the system into an L300 which is very well regarded in these parts.
    Regards

Don McRitchie

angel mercado
    If i do go that route do i just get the tweeters and the crossovers and make a small enclosure for the tweeters and mount them on the tops i hate to make holes on these

Thread Information