Thread: 2213 cone kit

2213 cone kit

i hope this is in the rt place. i am tryin to restore some 4312s, and need to recone 2213 woofers. does anyone have a kit for these? are they the orignal accordian surrounds? what color are cones and do u want to sell , if so how much?

j
    tester in progress...

yea they said they only sell them to authorized service centers...
    tester in progress...

ok so i have to ship it to one of those, and they charge me for the kit and repair?
    tester in progress...

I have no clue where "In this world" you are, so it's kinda hard to make a recommendation.

But, yes, your local JBL authorized reconer can do it for you....

im in ms, i clicked on ms and there is only one, and i will have to ship it there. its to far . ok so do they have them in stock or i ship woofer to them and then they have to order the cone kit orwhat?
    tester in progress...

You call them and find out, maybe?

If you get answers you're not happy with, you ship them back to the factory in Northridge for factory repair.

You'll have nearly $500 in the two woofers by the time you're done.

Seems to me a better option would be to buy some good used ones on eBay, and send me your old frames for "Research."

[Lookin' for 2213H frames, actually....]

i just bought some used ones, 2213hs rarely come up on ebay, well ones that are worth using. i got sent some blown rotted 2213hs, pics looked good, auction said works 100% perfect condition, but when they got here it was totally different story, i bitched and the seller said ship back for refund so i sent them back today, we'll see if he will refund. but im like why list all that good stuff about them and even the pics looked great, if they are junk??? lots of 123a1 and 123a3s but I want 2213h for my 4312s.123a1 and 123a3 are older then 2213h so why is it so hard to find 2213h in decent condition? i have a pair of 123a3s i got from ebay and they are like new. see i was wondering all about the cone kit for 2213h , so in case i do get some or one that needs reconing, i got a guy here in town that will recone, but that jblpro site says they only will sell the cone kit to jbl service centers.
    tester in progress...

Yes,

Buyer beware.

I had a very similar experience on our market place recently with a 2213H for a restoration of a 4311.

I think there is an aspect of this type of thing happening out there where people are gutting hacked up 4311's and flogging of the parts. The buyer gets burned and being a low life's they figure well burn the next guy and on it goes.

These guys appear to avoiding E Bay so PayPal can't make a claim against them. I intend to get it repaired. Unfortunately this type of activity down grades the credibility of private JBL (non Ebay) and in fact Ebay sellers because people often post product on forums when they list on Ebay. My last few trades on Ebay have not faired much better, there seems to be an epidemic over there of I'm screwed .... so screw everyone.

Interestingly members and traders on diyaudio.com appear to be the exception. They have a real cause and want to keep what they are doing alive. Stuff actually get sent before you pay for it..such is the type of people that interest attracts.

But in this category is seems to be screw or get screwed. As a result my preference is turning towards buying new current models of finished product. So my passion for using and supporting vintage JBL gear is in rapid decline. Its been fun but when its not fun anymore its time to do something else.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by jspeaker View Post
    i just bought some used ones, 2213hs rarely come up on ebay, well ones that are worth using. i got sent some blown rotted 2213hs, pics looked good, auction said works 100% perfect condition, but when they got here it was totally different story, i bitched and the seller said ship back for refund so i sent them back today, we'll see if he will refund. but im like why list all that good stuff about them and even the pics looked great, if they are junk??? lots of 123a1 and 123a3s but I want 2213h for my 4312s.123a1 and 123a3 are older then 2213h so why is it so hard to find 2213h in decent condition? i have a pair of 123a3s i got from ebay and they are like new. see i was wondering all about the cone kit for 2213h , so in case i do get some or one that needs reconing, i got a guy here in town that will recone, but that jblpro site says they only will sell the cone kit to jbl service centers.

yea the sad thing is all the times i have been screwed, ebay and paypal never help me get one cent of my money back, i filed claims have receipts from estimates and repairs and everything they say to do , and always the last thing, after a wild goose chase, is, sorry , we cant help you, in so many words. then they just skate around anything u say until u stop emailing them. i have talked to them about this and all they do is skate around that . its terrible.only time i have gotten my money back was once when seller was just an honest person but that in no way makes up for all the money i have lost so ebay is in rapid decline if u ask me cause i only take check or mo now because paypal fees and they are with ebay.
    tester in progress...

I've got to say that my experience trading with long-term members on THIS forum has been excellent.

I'm always dubious of anyone posting here just to hype their wares, tho....

Mirrors my experience to a T.

Ebay owns PayPal.

I called them and waited 15 minutes for a rep and then got double talk until and read them seriously plain language in that why should I or anyone use Ebay or PayPal when they don't monitor the activites of some of their clients and don't answer to complaints (as oppossed to claims).

Go figure.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by jspeaker View Post
    yea the sad thing is all the times i have been screwed, ebay and paypal never help me get one cent of my money back, i filed claims have receipts from estimates and repairs and everything they say to do , and always the last thing, after a wild goose chase, is, sorry , we cant help you, in so many words. then they just skate around anything u say until u stop emailing them. i have talked to them about this and all they do is skate around that . its terrible.only time i have gotten my money back was once when seller was just an honest person but that in no way makes up for all the money i have lost so ebay is in rapid decline if u ask me cause i only take check or mo now because paypal fees and they are with ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by Zilch View Post
    I've got to say that my experience trading with long-term members on THIS forum has been excellent.

I'm always dubious of anyone posting here just to hype their wares, tho....

Glad to here it but that has not been the case for everyone.

That said this discussion is specific to 2213's,the attendant rogues and the response from Ebay and Payal.

Thread Information