Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help Me Identify This Speaker

Help Me Identify This Speaker

Newly minted member, first post. I came across a pair of very heavy (50 lb?)Professional Series speakers at a thrift and I can't recall the model number. The unit had 2- 8" drivers and a dome tweeter made of aluminum (crushed of course, this is a thrift). The front face of the box (not the grille, this was dark brown or black), was an ugly blue, kind of on the light side. The box was wood veneer, very thick 3/4" maybe. I thought maybe it was L413 or L431 or something like that. Any ideas?

Go back and GET them!

Once we know the model number, and/or some pics, we'll be able to help better....

Red face on behalf of Tommy Flanagan

Tell us where they are, and we'll check 'em out for you. Yeah, that's the ticket. Trust us on this.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Out.

pelly3s
    just buy them and dont question it.

also if you could turn on your location so we can see where you are that would be great. we like to know where to locate fellow members

Where Are These Beauties???

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome
    Tell us where they are, and we'll check 'em out for you. Yeah, that's the ticket. Trust us on this.
    Well, they're towards the back, but I don't see how that could matter either way.

Follow UP

Well I know my description was rather vague, I am guessing they were quality units, but cosmetically needed some work and at least one of the tweeters was crushed. I owned a pair of JBLs back in the mid '80s and really liked them and would like to add a pair to my current collection. These I say yesterday were 3-way, 2 cu ft or so box, JBL, and very HEAVY, so they must be good, but I'm going to pass on these. The closest ones appear to be the 4313, they had a tag with "Professional Series" on it and two knobs. Anyway, $50 for a pair of speakers would make them the most expensive pair I've ever bought. The tweeter was aluminum and had a number of vent holes. I'm thinking that the face of the cabinet was blue, but maybe it was just the grille, there were lots of vent holes in the dome. There will be others...

Location has been updated.

I currently own: Original Advent (free), Smaller Advent (free), Baby Advent II ($2), Advent /3 ($2), Bozak 301 ($20 came with a Dual 1228, Kenwood KR-6400 attached), EPI 1100 ($20), EPI T/E 100 ($20). Thinking a pair of L100 are needed, some ARs too, but all in good time.

O.K., who's in Virginia/Maryland/DC here?

Am I understanding you correctly that there's a pair of 4313's a thrift store for $50?

I WANT THEM!!!!!! can we work something out??

Tom Loizeaux
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilch
    O.K., who's in Virginia/Maryland/DC here?
    I'm in Baltimore. If I can help by going to look at these...let me know.

Tom
    410 466-2223

pelly3s
    hmmmmmm I WANT THEM lol

Quote Originally Posted by pelly3s
    hmmmmmm I WANT THEM lol

pelly3s
    there are never deals like that around here. the only things i ever get on a good deal are a free pair of A5 cabs which I dont have space for but I am making space.

Ok, I'll go take

a second look at these tomorrow...maybe. Good chance they are no longer there. They were pretty beat up, but I guess the drivers could always be put to good use. You wouldn't want me to have to ship them, they weighed as though filled with lead.

Stuff like this does appear every so often in the thrifts in this area, better luck can be had at yardsales, though where most of the previous speakers were scored. Oh, and I forgot the Klipsch KG-2, got those for $40.

Other nice finds include: SX-780, two of these picked them up for $25 apiece, H/K 730 $15 at the thrift, H/K 310A $25, Carver C-2 and 200mt for $50 apiece, Technics SA-5270 $10, Marantz 2285b for $5 (not working, though). All this stuff in the last year since I started collecting this "junk."

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Loizeaux
    I'm in Baltimore.
    For some reason I never realized you were in Maryland. I'm from Frederick, Md. and still have family there. Can I come by and see you the next time I'm in Md?

Tom Loizeaux
    Quote Originally Posted by JBLnsince1959
    ... Can I come by and see you the next time I'm in Md?
    Sure. I'd be happy to meet any Forum members and show them my stuff.

Tom

Thread Information