Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: new horn loaded system

Mike C
    Hi again guys, I'm just blown away by this new system. After adding the 2404's I can't believe the transition they made. The sound is just everywhere in the room, with the lights out it sounds like I'm at the concert listening to the group I'm listenig to. Ian and Phil ( from oz ) would be familiar with Coldchisel's East album, I am just speechless!!! this system would put a horn on a Jelly fish!!!!!!!.
    Mike..
    Last edited by Mike C; 12-27-2003 at 03:46 AM.

Mike,

I believe the phrase you are looking for is large. .

Those 2404 must be somthin else hey.

l think you are making our friends across the Pacific jealous and trust Ken not to be outdone, will be out looking for Clair Bros S4 cabinets at sunrise.

Suggest you buy a sound level meter for either Tandy or Jaycar.

My standard test track is Jimi Hendricks Fire and Can't Find My Way Home...

The latter being very apt last night after a session at the Espy Hotel with Phil Para (renown Hendricks player with snippets from Santana ). We had about 300 in the Lounge bar with 8 deep on the bar.

I find this stuff very challenging even for the most elaborate systems, nothin beats sheer power does it!!

Happy amp hunting.... the Mackies are also very good.

Ian

Enjoy

Ian

Hime Mike C; glad to see you got the midbass bins oriented correctly; I see you have realized that they were not right as shown in the first photo.
    I have a Behringer CX3400, which is better for a rig like yours, but I suggest, besides some amps, that you might want to invest next in a Behringer crossover that has just been out a short while, the DCX2496, which can accomplish all kinds of beneficial things for your rig, like all kinds of crossover slopes and types, adjustable delays, etc.
    See the link. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/...se_pid/182479/

have fun!

Mike B

Mike C
    Hi Mikebake glad you noticed, I had the mid bass horns on their side as the Mantarays looked better on them. It all looks ugly anyway so I guess correct is better and the sound is definatley better. I did consider the new managment system from Behringer, I was hoping I could pick up a s/h omni-drive or similar.
    Thanks for your input. I have own many different JBL and EV monitors over the years, and my favorite till now was the 4350's I had. They just don't come near the dynamics of these things, they may have been a little cleaner and detailed but no where near the slam of this ugly beast. I can't wait to get some clean amps and a management system with some control to see what these things are capable of.
    Mike.......

JonFairhurst
    Mike,

That's an excellent bathroom system you have there. Will you be doing anything larger for the bedroom, kitchen and living room?

But seriously, it's summer in Oz right now. You might consider hosting a block party. Get those babies outside and hear 'em sizzle. If they sound good indoors, they should be amazing with room to breathe.

Just make sure to get them back inside before the last person passes out.

angel mercado
    hey mike can you put a side view pic on the mantarays to see how you put them on i got a pair of them for my a-7 and i would like help on mounting these please

Mike C
    Hi Angel, I will do that today for you. I don't have the system together this week but all still sitting there, I'll have my lovely assisant Mary ( GF ) hold the tape to it all so you can see the actual measurements.
    Last edited by Mike C; 01-17-2004 at 07:03 PM.

angel mercado
    gracias amigo hey another question do you think i can put those on some a-7 cabinets and what tweeter from altec might fit that horn or what do you recommend

Mike C
    Hi Angel, sorry for the delay, my camera was acting up. Here is a couple of pics for you. As for a tweeter I'm not sure you will need one.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mike C
    closer veiw of tape

angel mercado
    thank you mike

hi

hi m8 i was wondering wether you cud send me sum plans for a rear loaded horn of any kind. i c ur irig and i must say im inpressed which is y i have asked for plans. its my first time build so nothing to big, if youve got anything.
    regards curtis

txt msgng

Quote Originally Posted by curtis100691 View Post
    hi m8 i was wondering wether you cud send me sum plans for a rear loaded horn of any kind. i c ur irig and i must say im inpressed which is y i have asked for plans. its my first time build so nothing to big, if youve got anything.
    regards curtis
    Hey Curtis,
    As you are no doubt aware there are contributors from all over the world here.
    Our UK biased 'text messagease' might not be the most effective means of communication
    http://www.speakerplans.com/ may be of some use to you.
    cheers
    Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    Merry xmas guys, here is a pic of my new horn loaded system. JBL and Altec components

Drivers; Altec 288- g-16 x2
    JBL 2220 - H x 2
    JBL 2241- G x 2
    JBL E - 145- H x 4
    Mike, what bass cabs are those in the middle? Martin Audio S2?

Thread Information