Thread: Need help with Lenses

Need help with Lenses

Dear forum members I am looking for some pictures of the old style lenses L-91, it seems that at some point the shape of the center may have gone to a slight curve and I was wondering what that dimension was? Also I would like to know the distance from the from the middle of the lens ( at it's narrowest point ) to the back I'm guessing it to be 1/2 inch? And one more thing on the old style lens there are 2 back supports and I would like to know if the lens when placed into the slot on the support comes flush to the back of the support or does it come short of being flush? Any pictures or information would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Jimbo

Have a look at this thread:
    http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/s...ead.php?t=8635

I had the same sorts of questions, but was eventually able to borrow a pair of these lenses and make a pattern. If you send my your address in a private message, I can mail you a photo copy of one of the fins.
    Yes the support comes out flush to the back of the lense. The ones I made were mounted in front of the horn by hook velcro along this support matching up to the pile velcro in front of the horns.

Thread Information