Thread: The Making of Loadspeakers

The Making of Loadspeakers

After some years on this forum, (was a member before this "new" one) I do not understand why some of the members has not started a loudspeaker company.

All the know-how presented with qs, ts and a lot of other specifications witch does not mean anything to me, and not to forget those who build beautiful cabinets.

Why have you people not started a company? I am sure that this company would have been more successful than most others (like Wilson) because the prices would have been "down to earth".

I challenge you skilled people (you know who you are) ... what is your answer?

I agree with you , Rolf , although I think that when you turn PASSION into PRODUCTION that it now becomes WORK.
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Quote Originally Posted by Rolf View Post
    Why have you people not started a company? I am sure that this company would have been more successful than most others (like Wilson) because the prices would have been "down to earth".
    1) It's a pain in the ass.

2) Marketing.

3) Competition.

4) It's a pain in the ass.

5) Production facilities.

6) Costs skyrocket once you move out of the garage and hire people.

7) It's a pain in the ass.

Rolf,

I do not have the qualifying only the interest (which can be helpful sometimes):
    Looking around for around 40 years, MANY came up
    and MANY, MANY are gone.

Rolf, it has been said that the best way to become a millionaire is to start with two million and go into the loudspeaker business. Despite this a friend and I have founded Cogent True-To-Life Loudspeakers Inc., a California corporation.

We have been in intensive (and expensive!) development of our drivers and systems for three years now. Some coverage of our exhibit at THE Show in Las Vegas a year ago can be found here:

http://www.audiofederation.com/blog/archives/46

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Schell View Post
    Rolf, it has been said that the best way to become a millionaire is to start with two million and go into the loudspeaker business. Despite this a friend and I have founded Cogent True-To-Life Loudspeakers Inc., a California corporation.

We have been in intensive (and expensive!) development of our drivers and systems for three years now. Some coverage of our exhibit at THE Show in Las Vegas a year ago can be found here:

http://www.audiofederation.com/blog/archives/46
    ...And what's the time to market?

Hi TD,

We're in the market already... sort of. We've made a few sales, by personal contact and word of mouth. I am working on our web site now, part of our world domination strategy. We have demoed at four trade shows, though we are taking a breather from Las Vegas this year.

We are also supplying new, improved performance diaphragms and replacement field coils for the classic RCA MI-1428B and MI-1443 compression drivers. We feel it is part of our mission to help keep the remaining examples of these remarkable drivers singing.

We are now working on filling a current need for about twenty of our midrange and bass drivers. Beyond that we will have to gauge demand and order parts accordingly after our site goes up.

Thread Information