Quote Originally Posted by CraigStrat
Hi,

I am 22, an avid listener/guitar player. My tastes center mostly around 70's progressive rock. Gentle Giant, ELP, Zappa, Pink Floyd, King Crimson, etc. My 4343's have provided me with countless hours of enjoyment. I love to listen at high levels (110db +). My L-Pads are shot, and I started thinking (my mistake), what else can I do to improve my crossovers?

I am bi-amping, using 2 Phase Linear 700's.
700 Series Two - LF
700B - MF/HF/UHF

My 4343's have:
2231A's reconed with 2235H kits
2121's are stock.
2420's are stock.
2405's are stock.

I would like to build a charge coupled network using Solens, unless anybody strongly advises otherwise. I'm also going to bypass the selector switch, hard-wired permanently to external bi-amp mode.

I am fairly new at this, though my father is an electronic engineer and he will be helping me with this project. However, his expertise is more in the field of amplification and active signal processing design.

I know the first choice would be to upgrade to 4344 components. But, using the components that I already have (list above), does anyone have a schematic or any other info that would I apply to my situation?

Any help at all would be eternally appreciated.

Thank You.
/Craig

Hello,
I understand that you want to improve your 4343 stock. I also understand that you will function in Bi-amplification. and that you want to build DC charges network...

mmmmmm.....

That look strait forward the work project of Ian Mackensie...

My first question is: you have taken the sorrow to read this long Thread length attentively???
Then, It seems as envisaged by Masters members that the adapted circuit of
the 3145 enriched by me does not function with one 4343 stock.
Currently, I do not have time to work on my case (hihihi) but the alternate
circuits which were presented in this thread on HF seems to be a good
way of solution.
Read atentivement also the debate around the 4343 to 4344 upgrade in general forum??
That made, subject your ideas and questions with precise details and then it will be easy to include/understand with those which want to help you,what it misses to you to go from the front one.
Normallement the 4343 suportent more than 115 dB but the condenser
having dried strong risk of Shorter well before their capacity of
origin.
It may be that the oxide and the corrosion of the LPAD are also an
unstable form of resistance... Finally according to my experiment it is clear that Bi-amp Switch is finished and contributes to a bad response and an unstable resistance in the circuit.

BTW permaently loose hearing after 30 seconds of 115 DB listening volume...

Jean.