Quote Originally Posted by Earl K
Hi Jean

So , is this semi-circular thingy that is stuck to the back of the cabinet supposed to hold all 3 of your 12" by 12" granite plates ( all at the same filled with sand ) ? I'm quite confused by the smallish size of it .
---Sorry I limit of my english this piece is not a final board : it is just gabarit for assume look and better easy to handle by chunky final board...

--- Yeah, I realise couple of error because too small experience electronic...

--- Of course I perform many tests and adjustement (I hope to not change caps of resistance...) for tuning response before final sand operation...

--- I perform later comparison device exposure of vibration and attenuation resonse in epoxy and epoxy-sand and plain set-up but my experience is more is better...

For Wax, Solen is not recommend because the eat destroye the caps...
epoxy is limited because if one conponent is broken or fail, I'm not interested to put entire network in garbage... For my coil I paid extra charge for 3 dipp in emanel for solid core coil ( yuk yuk yuk )

But you help my strongly in this project and I'm weeling to perform free a set of vibration response : one big day for work perform so later but try soon )...

Quote Originally Posted by Earl K

(iv) Worth considering about possible induced microphonics into capacitors is the effect of DC biasing . One purported benefit ( from the K2 S5500 copy ) to biasing is that it pre-"swells" the capacitors' dielectric layers.
So; expanding on that thought :

- If the caps inside expands against a flimsy wall ( like Solens ) / the resonant microphonic signature should be somewhat lower than a hard wall. This will need a specific approach to "energy" dumping to avoid so-called "blooming".

- If the inside expands against a firm wall ( like some hard shell caps / or especially those already encased in epoxy ) / the resonant microphonic signature should be much higher ( perhaps supersonic ). This will need a different approach to "energy" dumping to avoid "UHF ringing".

Example - My main "go to" RC surplus capacitors have the metallized polypropylene core encased into hard epoxy . They start off very quiet & once "DC biased" they are even "quieter" , offering ( I believe) a much deeper sense of resolution
Well for this points it is really theorical and long response... the fundamental point is any solid is vibrate... Well, what better tecnique for reduce this natural response ??? The damping fator is same of ration of echo response in room to higher , the sound is run in bell concert, to dead, the sound is dead too... so the ideal approach is found good time damping factor and faster drain power vibration appear around or inside caps... Yeak epoxy is really hard and drain fast energy but I have not mass energy to put down level response... Let me know it you undertand ....

Jean.

BTW the shape of back is ideal dispertion panel so the standing wave on back speaker is broken and dissipate... Better flat response and less noise floor: better imge stereo, and details infor... (I hope in theory)