Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: I must be living right ......

No thanks, I intend on keeping mine stock and do not plan to change anything.

Nope, I won't own anymore speakers unless I use them and sell them.

Like I have said in another thread - I am glad to have found the speaker for me. It takes years for some people to get it right.

Seems as though, you dont have it right - yet, do you?

What about justice and respect for animals? I think all things in this life need a little justice and respect.

If no one will give it, who will?

Seems as though people on this thread need to learn it.

As you can tell, I am not mainstream. Why would I change something to fit mainstream?

I am glad to say I dont change with the times. Do you? If so, how is that working for you?

All I was referring to was that in todays modern society, the majority like contemporary modern, which is not walnut. Dark speakers yes, but not particularly walnut.

-Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by briang View Post
    Awesome story Seawolf.

I've not seen a pair of Ohm speakers in 25 years. Nice find.
    The Ohm www site is quite interesting too.

I wish Storm would change seasons as these posts have tarnished an otherwise interesting and informative thread.

Seeing as you are so well read and worldly I wonder if you can tell us all what an Ameri-Can is? For a clue to the correct answer I highly recommend you watch the movie "Kenny". He (Kenny) is the Real Deal a far as a role model for you is concerned.

http://www.kennythemovie.com/indexFlash.html
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post

Nope, I won't own anymore speakers unless I use them and sell them.

-Storm.
    OK I give up!!!

I am glad to say I dont change with the times. Do you?

-Storm.[/quote]

as time passes you will find fewer and fewer absolutes in life.sometimes older guys can sound a tad condecending but it is usually because they have run down the road a few times.try to accept opinions that differ from your own as simply differing from your own and not necessarily hostile.lifes too short .

I think my generation is done with dark colors and especially the walnut - yuck!-Storm.
    WOW Storm , I'm so sorry....I didn't realize that you are THE spokesman for your generation.
    Does the job pay well ??
    do you run with Paris and Nichole and Brittany ?? (be careful , they are not good role models , they'll get you to take off your panties in public)

At 22 , I was on my 3rd tour of Vietnam , trying to pay back America for the freedoms that she had granted me.

I've noticed that you go around making outrageous comments. When someone calls you on it , then you attack. When they respond and things get hot, you wimp out and do this Rodney King-like "Can't we all just get along" thing.

You attack my manhood ....thats my wife's job.

You attack my Navy ...that's my job.

On second thought, maybe we are better off with you just playing with your Altec 846U (unfinished, Birch) speakers, rather than you trying to pay this country back for the freedoms it has granted you.

I have never heard you talk about the Altec 846U (unfinished, Birch) speakers tonality , about their range , about their imaging, about their sound field, only that "THEY PLAY REALLY LOUD".

Is that your main criteria ?

Are these wonderful Altec 846U (unfinished, Birch) speakers something exotic or unique ?
    Are the Altec 846U (unfinished, Birch) speakers something without crossovers ? Are the Altec 846U (unfinished, Birch) speakers made of so much titanium that they could not be sold at a profit and be competitive ? what is so incredible about the Altec 846U (unfinished, Birch) speakers that makes you babble on so ??

Oh yes, THEY PLAY LOUD.

Well Storm. You are big on voting/surveys. Lets do a hypothetical one.

I'm pretty sure you paid a lot more for the Altec 846U (beautiful unfinished, Birch) speakers than I did for the OHM F (ugly black walnut) speakers.

If we gave the forum members a chance to buy either set at an arbitrary ..oh, say, $100.....which set do you think would win ???

I'll spot you 10 votes to start out.
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

clmrt
    Storm sez-

"I am not defending my purchase, but embracing."

Get a room...a private room.

"Isn't that what you are doing on the OHM F thread?"

He started an Ohm thread, duh! Know what thread crapping is?

"Come on, get a life other than making fun of others."

Shame on you. You fart in someone's thread then make it everyone else's fault for having noses.

I don't normally pick on people but this is exceptional. I landed a nice set of JBL's once and suddenly felt endowed with knowledge and had oats to sow - until I realized a few posts into my endeavor that I am NOT an encyclopedia. I continue to read and learn because I have an interest in the efforts of Lansing and his heritage.

Please stop your evangelical rants.

I think the problem has been well and truely flushed out.

Why do you guys get all bent out of shape over nothing?

I don't bother you guys when you rave about a specific JBL.

I also forgot that if I am not in the army, navy, or drink - then I must be un-american.

Why do I need to talk about their imaging and put up graphs if you already know their capabilities. Do you need something like that in order to tell you they are good speakers?

Excuse me for having opinions - guess young people like me need to listen to old people regardless of what they say, just because they have years on them. Give me a break, did you listen to your elders at 22? I think NOT! They would have told you - Seawolf, to not enter the service.

Give me a break, please. And yes, can we all be civil - or is that asking to much of my elders?

I am not part of any religion, but I do know that people should treat people the way they want to be treated. It seems as though you can have your opinions, but I can't have mine. Sounds kind of like the mother and father hypocrate rule - do as I say, not as I say do.

Thanks.

-Storm.

I get the point -

I will crawl back into my hole and shut up.

But I would like to say one thing - it seems as though everyone else can have their opinions on speakers and modifications, but since I am not a DIY and I rave about the Altecs whenever I can - that makes me a bad poster?

Whatever.

-Storm.

Understood, but if you ever read my previous posts - I am not shoving it down anyones throat. I am simply stating my opinion. Guess I am not allowed to have them.

Guess I should make better use of my time and excuse me, while I enlist in the army. Or should I just shoot myself now?

Seawolf, I thank you for your service - but in my opinion, I don't owe anyone for anything that this country has given to me. I oppose wars, so why should I join one? So I can get into your little club?

Sorry, Seawolf - just read your about me page on eBay. You were a photographer, not actually in the war. Why aren't you honest? You make it sound like you went face to face with the enemy, in reality, you weren't. I don't know, but maybe you saw the enemy or were in some dangerous situations, but I was under the impression from your posts that you were a fighter.

Like I said before, I guess I am not welcome here since I am not a DIY'er. I thought I was welcome, but apparently not.

I know one things for certain - I am not going to tell my nephews and neices that just because I have been around longer and on the road longer, that means I know more. That is a load of crock and I think the elders of today love saying that so they don't have to explain anything else.

Excuse me for being young, but if I learned half the stuff you blabber to me - I would be in huge trobule.

-Storm.

Guess I should make better use of my time and excuse me, while I enlist in the army. Or should I just shoot myself now?

in my opinion, I don't owe anyone for anything that this country has given to me. I oppose wars, so why should I join one? So I can get into your little club?

-Storm.

Storm........ it's time for you to back away from the keyboard for a bit , you are getting incoherent.

Look in the mirror.

I am doing just fine and mean everything I have said.

-Storm.

C'mon guys, it's time for some moderation here. Just step away for a moment and gather yourselves. No need to go any further.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    You should remove the equalizer from your system completely and allow them to impress you... it might take a day or two for you to "retrain" your ears. After you really get a handle on their sound, you may want to return to the equalizer, but I expect you will hear the sonic signature of the equalizer and you may prefer the unequalized sound... your Ohm speakers are quite revealing and may show you short comings in other parts of your system.

Widget
    Was home alone last night. Put up my son's copy of BEATLES/LOVE. Completely blown away. Thought it couldn't get any better.....

and then I remembered Yoda....errr... Mr. Widget saying "Turn off the EQ , Luke". I was unable to resist his suggestion.

OMG...the bass line (shes so heavy , come together , I am the Walrus) got so much tighter, lost a tad on the highs (I need a slight HF boost=over 30, too many rock concerts, too much exposure to jet engines, etc.), and it all became even more natural. I listened to the whole CD again.

I guess they did show the weakness of the EQ. Think I'll leave it off.

Thanx Mr. W

also , unexpectedly , they show the limited range of XM.
    Guess I'll have to turn on the nasty old 4412s for that

Thread Information