Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: I must be living right ......

So, was SRS running?

Quote Originally Posted by Zilch View Post
    So, was SRS running?
    soundboy didnt like the SRS, so off with it and the EQ..ran flat. In fact I let him set everything
    as he honestly has more experience than I.

I think it wud have sounded better than what he experienced if is was run as I do.......ie: he didn't get "the best they will do" IMHO

MORE...

got a long distance call from Pete this morning..He was still talking about them. While his Dynaudio w/JBL subs outperforms the OHMs in some facets, he noted they still wern't as natural sounding.

newly found ad

last pair went for $1650 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...0%3D%26fvi%3D1

newly found ad ....
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Wish I could give them a listen!

Quote Originally Posted by oldsoundz View Post
    Wish I could give them a listen!
    Wish i could give you a demo ....If ever in Portland , look me up.......

I am not articulate enough to describe the differences, but have been listening seriously since 1966. Soundboy's impression (back a couple of posts in this thread) helps a little. SB (Pete) is a guitar player in a local band and their sound man too. Thats why I wanted his opinion . You know everyone thinks his own is best , but an outside evaluation that confirms is always welcome. I have never read a bad review on them ( please note there are many different flavors of Walsh speakers ) and a review on one model doesn't necessarily translate to the others.

Am not as brand loyal as many here ...I love my BMW, but may buy something else next time. I like my Nikons ..but show me something better and who knows ? I enjoy my JBL's , but .....

Point is...I go for best bang (product) for the buck...If that coincides with brands that I like then so much the better.

talk about SURROUND SOUND ..give them all signal and you may have 99.1
    Attached Images Attached Images  

JBL 4645
    I would say 99.1 is correct for argument sakes I counted and even added a few that I couldn’t seeing but judging from the size of the factory I’d say 99.1 is spot on!

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    At least I gloat about JBL and Altec products.

-Storm.
    A literate person might read the forum description and conclude;

Lansing Related Gear
    Discussions on your system, amplification, source components, competing speakers etc.

I do wonder how this thread

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    A literate person might read the forum description and conclude;

Lansing Related Gear
    Discussions on your system, amplification, source components, competing speakers etc.
    has gone on for ten f-ing pages without your addictive postings. Otherwise, nice speakers

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by JBLRaiser View Post
    has gone on for ten f-ing pages without your addictive postings. Otherwise, nice speakers

Ten f**king pages LMAO LOL oh, oh dear…LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    Exactly, my point.

Seawolf97 - I got banned for saying crap like that. Why aren't you?
    You are basically calling me stupid. Shows how mature you are, that's for sure.

-Storm.
    He's been here talking to folks and you come into the thread and insult him, then you expect civility when you offered none.

See, he DIDN'T say you were stupid - THAT's the difference that you don't seem able to grasp ...
    he also seems able to distinguish between his personal favorites and others -
    rather than just swear allegiance to the death to a specific speaker.
    He actually owns more than one set of speakers ... amazingly enough.

But -its a matter of subtlety ...
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

djjohnnys

BGW 750C

Hey,

Although this has nothing to do with what you guys are discussing, I need a little help in figuring out how much is the watts per channel for a BGW 750C? Just bought a pait of em off some dude, and he used to run two yorkville elite 1000's on them, so I'm guessing around 1000 watts per channel or more. But if anyone knows the actual watts per channel, can you please let me know?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by djjohnnys View Post
    Hey,

Although this has nothing to do with what you guys are discussing, I need a little help in figuring out how much is the watts per channel for a BGW 750C? Just bought a pait of em off some dude, and he used to run two yorkville elite 1000's on them, so I'm guessing around 1000 watts per channel or more. But if anyone knows the actual watts per channel, can you please let me know?
    Thanks for the civil discussion/question as a change of pace on this thread. You can download the manual for your BGW here: http://www.hifiengine.com/manuals_ty...n=BGW&mod=750C

According to the manual, the BGW 750B/C is rated 225 to 250 watts per channel into 8 ohms, both channels driven, at 0.1% THD. 720 to 800 watts at 0.2% THD in mono mode with 8-ohm load. I guess that's why it's called a 750.

djjohnnys
    Thanks for the info and link man. That really helped me.

Have been happy with the purchase of the 250ti's, BUT...they displaced the big Walsh's off to the HT , where they are only used occasionally....they just sit there whispering to me
    "we are so good , why dont you play us ??"

The TT and MD are out on the LR system and all the HT has for input is the DVD & FM......so yesterday I bought another MD JB 930 minidisk deck (its not labled "ES" but is essentially an ES deck, even has keyboard input for naming and controling) ...its the identical model to the LR deck (and really bought as a backup) ...so I hooked it up to the big Denon in the HT ...WOW !!!! best of both worlds here, the Ohms are singing music again, not just movies.
    The computer is in the HT room and now my tunes are transportable from the LR system..and can listen when online.

Why didnt I do this long ago ? late is better than never, I guess.

AND there is a great unintended benefit from the MD purchase on the Horizon(s) ---- (next week)

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    According to the manual, the BGW 750B/C is rated 225 to 250 watts per channel into 8 ohms, both channels driven, at 0.1% THD. 720 to 800 watts at 0.2% THD in mono mode with 8-ohm load. I guess that's why it's called a 750.
    you could be right, but my 750D is rated at 375 wpc (8ohm) and I've always figured that the sum of both channels into 8 ohm was the model number.

Thread Information