Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's Wrong With This Picture, Mine Are The Same Way

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by Maron Horonzakz View Post
    Giskard....Wait a second , I saw him first....
    OK

Maron Horonzakz
    Uh what are the rules of engagement on this thread??? How vial can I get?? Can I start with Turkey or ramp up to Dumb Shit....Or do i have to keep it non personal????? Like....obsessive Im OK your drivers are not. Or Im OK your drivers or sick..

"Vile" would be correct.

"Vial" predated the baggie.

[Todd ain't gonna take no crap that's not spelled correctly, I guaranTEE.... ]

Quote Originally Posted by Maron Horonzakz View Post
    Uh what are the rules of engagement on this thread??? How vial can I get?? Can I start with Turkey or ramp up to Dumb Shit....Or do i have to keep it non personal????? Like....obsessive Im OK your drivers are not. Or Im OK your drivers or sick..
    So you are saying that aesthetics have no basis in hifi ???

Not eveyone mounts their horn in their cabinets and the orientation of the pole terminals is certainly noticable in these cases.

Not eveyone mounts their horn in their cabinets and the orientation of the pole terminals is certainly noticable in these cases.
    JBL use a 3 hole bolt patern on the 1" horns. Why couldn't you just rotate the driver on the horn so the terminals are in the same place?? Like in the picture??

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Robh3606 View Post
    JBL use a 3 hole bolt patern on the 1" horns. Why couldn't you just rotate the driver on the horn so the terminals are in the same place??

Rob
    Spacing doesn't work out that way with all horns.

Spacing doesn't work out that way with all horns.
    What spacing??? The 2307 and all it's kin are round. Something like a 2344 you can rotate it anyway you want. The 2 hole I can see a problem but the 3??

Rob

Maron Horonzakz
    I remember a friend of mine complained the crincle finish on his 2307 horns were not the same. Things like that really bothered him. He finally killed himself....Would you like me to miss spell more words for you? I,m not makeing fun of you..But thats how we script our lives. Its only a reproduction system to play back music...Not even the real thing.

Hello
    Someone just did not pay attention when they put the back cap back on the driver most likely after changing a diaphragm. Depending on the orientation of the internal wires they'll go on a couple of ways. Soundwise no difference, as long as the wires are not touching the diaphragm!

Mike Caldwell

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Caldwell View Post
    Someone just did not pay attention when they put the back cap back on the driver most likely after changing a diaphragm.
    That was my guess, but I have never used any of the ferrite drivers.

On my TAD 4003s, the only way they will mount on the matching TAD TH-4003 horn, the driver must be at 45°... it does bug me... but as soon as the music plays, who cares.

Widget

As long as they don't have Radian diaphragms who cares how the posts point?

Say, those aren't steel posts are they?

Hello
    If you are referring to the push terminal / post being made of steel they are not. They are nickel plated brass, the spring inside would be steel. Brass is probably used because of being a better conductor that for any magnetic effects. The screws holding them to the back covers could be steel or plated brass, I've seen both. The screws holding the diaphragm are plated brass on all of the older alnico drivers and I have seen both brass and steel screws on the newer ceramic drivers. I think the brass screws were used so they would not slip out of your fingers and launch into the diaphragm from the magnetic pull. On the bullet and slot tweeters screws that hold the phase plug in the alnico models are normally brass and steel screws in the newer ceramic models. This may be because the screw went directly through the alnico magnet and on the ceramic models the magnet is on the outside of the voice coil rather than inside the voice coil on the alnico models......or they saved a few pennies on the new models and just used a steel screw.

Mike Caldwell

Thread Information