Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Warped Spider

gyusher

IPD and oldmics

I think you guys nailed it. . .I have asked for pics and the old parts as well as the number of the repair shop. . . .

jbl
    Hey Gyusher;
    The problem would seem to be in transit. You should have contacted the shipping company first. Did the buyer indicate to you that there was damage to the shipping carton? The damage you discribed can only be if the cabinet(s) were dropped. How can the spider be warped?
    You offered money as well as other compensation, in my opinion, far above what many people would offer. Most would say that the sale was "as is", which it was unless you stated otherwise with a guarrentee or other assurances.
    If the buyer is still not satisfied after all you have done to rectify the problem, they will never be.
    As far as collecting insurance money from the shipping company, I'm afraid that too much time has past to file a claim now.
    Good Luck

jbl

It just doesn't make sense to me. I have never seen that kind of damage without also having other more obvious damage to the cabinets or crossovers. Something fishy may be going on. Unfortunately I have run into people on eBay who seem to do this on every purchase. Even if the item was perfect or if all flaws were disclosed, the buyers see opportunity to get some of their money back by griping after the fact. The only defense is to offer full refund and demand return of the goods. Even if you do that you may find that the buyer puts a different woofer in before returning them, or packs them poorly for the return trip. It stinks.
    On the other hand, being a buyer obviously has its hazards as well, and over time the good buyers do seem to outnumber the bad ones. At least in my experience they have.

gyusher

Off eBay

Fortunatly or unfortunatly this sale was not on eBay. . .A bidder that had bid on my auction bought them after the fact. We had extensive communications from the time he placed his first bid up untill now.
    I dont know what to think anymore. . . I have experience with the buyers that want money by saying something is wrong when I know better. Usually what I do is tell them to pack it up and send it back. . .I will pay shipping both ways but no partial refunds. . .All or nothing. . .Usually this stops them and they keep the item.
    A lot of time has passed on this deal and after thinking about it I will send him the extra crossovers and I have a spare 128H woofer (a little flakey but works fine) that I will send him too. Thats it. . .No money unless he returns both speakers. I shipped them in their original boxes and put those in another box as well. They worked perfect for me right up to the day I shipped them.
    Either I am slow or this guy is really slick as I really got sucked in on this deal. . .

Thread Information