Thread: JBL 250TI'S Up And Running

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

JBL 250TI'S Up And Running

I finally got to unpack these giant's and hooked them to my ole trusty Pioneer SX1250. My first impression was that these are overkill. I am not used to a 4 way system and noticed the difference right away.It took some getting use to.

After playing several of my favorite pieces my ears came inline with these speakers and now my ears are tuned to them.

They play exceptionally well and their overall performance IMO is stunning. I think the difference between these and my SOV II'S was that at high volume my Sov II's sounded good but they also sounded strained,these 250's at high volume sound like they want more. I like the high end on these 250's better than the Sov II's,this might be because I am dealing with a 4 way versus my old 2 way soverigns.The low end seems to be more than enough.

My room where these sit is heavily carpeted with very heavy drapes, they are in the same spot as were my sov II's, sitting at my desk these speakers have a distant sound to me which I like,they are not overpowering at a moderate volume setting.

I am running these with the L96's that I just bought and it seems they are a perfect match. I can run both A&B at the same time with no problem's on this SX1250 contrary to some opinions here on the subject.

These sound better than all my expectations and though maybe high in price but then again I don't feel I need to upgrade further as these will bless my ears into infinity.

Merry Christmas Everyone and to Everyone A Happy New Year.

Note... I noticed that the serial numbers are quite low 583 and 534 is this good or bad?
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Thread Information