Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DIY horn multicell (18 cell)

JBL 4645
    Wow I look those horns fantastic. I just did a search to see which type of horns they used in Apocalypses Now. But instead I get this.

http://www.meyersound.com/about/milestones/

I was wondering about the type of horns that where used on the sides of the helicopters?

dac biet

18 cell

continual....1803
    Attached Images Attached Images   

vnav
    Hi all of guy from all over the world,
    I am from Viet nam and I would like to tell a story of this horn,

Mr HuynhChau who lives in Vietnam and he is an audiophile, He loved to have wood horn (the same spec with Altec 1803B).

After looking for drawing horn in this forum, he found the man who is American had a long time in serving Vietnam-US War in 70s. This man accepted to give Mr Huynh Chau a drawing without any profit.

Mr Huynh Chau was very happy, BUT one ideal was emerged " WHY DO NOT MANUFACTURE THIS HORN AND SELL IN VIETNAM AND OVERSEAS FOR A GREAT PROFIT $$$$$, DO NOT LOSE THIS OPPORTUNITY"

All of audiophiles in Vietnam who use altec driver 288 have this good news from Mr Huynh Chau BUT when asked him to release this project to public without any profit, all of received answers are " NO, THIS IS VERY HARD TO HAVE CHANCE TO MAKE MONEY".

He and his colleague manufacture this horn and sell them with price USD 1000 per pair. As you know, In Vietnam, cost for producing a pair of horn is approximately USD 500. And as usual, no one want to buy this horn with suspicion about extreme precision of parameter after manufacturing.

I am from
    Vietnam and I am representative Vietnamese audiophile want to lay bare Mr Huynh Chau 's fact.HE is a very BAD GUY. I think that all of us are audiophile and do not want to make money from each other especially this case

IF YOU WANT TO MAKE MONEY FROM ANOTHER AUDIOPHILE, YOU ARE SELLER NOT AUDIOPHILE.

Thanks for reading my true story!

If some one have this drawing of 1803-1805B multi cell horn, Pls help me,
    I will public to all of audiophiles in Vietnamese audio forum!

Wish all of you have a very nice day!

Best regard!

formerly "the city where imagination takes precedence over fact"
    Quote Originally Posted by vnav View Post

Mr HuynhChau who lives in Vietnam and he is an audiophile, He loved to have wood horn (the same spec with Altec 1803B).

After looking for drawing horn in this forum, he found the man who is American had a long time in serving Vietnam-US War in 70s. This man accepted to give Mr Huynh Chau a drawing without any profit.

Mr Huynh Chau was very happy, BUT one ideal was emerged " WHY DO NOT MANUFACTURE THIS HORN AND SELL IN VIETNAM AND OVERSEAS FOR A GREAT PROFIT $$$$$, DO NOT LOSE THIS OPPORTUNITY"

All of audiophiles in Vietnam who use altec driver 288 have this good news from Mr Huynh Chau BUT when asked him to release this project to public without any profit, all of received answers are " NO, THIS IS VERY HARD TO HAVE CHANCE TO MAKE MONEY".

He and his colleague manufacture this horn and sell them with price USD 1000 per pair. As you know, In Vietnam, cost for producing a pair of horn is approximately USD 500. And as usual, no one want to buy this horn with suspicion about extreme precision of parameter after manufacturing.

I am from Vietnam and I am representative Vietnamese audiophile want to lay bare Mr Huynh Chau 's fact.HE is a very BAD GUY. I think that all of us are audiophile and do not want to make money from each other especially this case

IF YOU WANT TO MAKE MONEY FROM ANOTHER AUDIOPHILE, YOU ARE SELLER NOT AUDIOPHILE.

Best regard!
    nice to hear the story from you....

I am honestly somewhat suprised that the cost to manufacture in VN is USD $500....

labor and material prices must be rising over there too....

anyway...

stay safe, and I hope the latest chicken flu outbreak isn't as bad as the last....

I am from
    Vietnam and I am representative Vietnamese audiophile want to lay bare Mr Huynh Chau 's fact.HE is a very BAD GUY. I think that all of us are audiophile and do not want to make money from each other especially this case

Best regard!

I don't care.....! continual....1803

Quote Originally Posted by Huynh Chau View Post
    I don't care.....! continual....1803
    Hey, your horns look very fine!

I hope you enjoy listening to them - that's what its all about!
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

It's capitalism.

You would soon grow weary of making them for free....

continual....1803b

continu....1803

thay are beautiful in my view...

He and his colleague manufacture this horn and sell them with price USD 1000 per pair. As you know, In Vietnam, cost for producing a pair of horn is approximately USD 500.
    In a country where the average wage , working 10 hour days , 6 a week is $50US/month and beautiful wood is plentiful, I have trouble believing this quoted cost.
    I was there last year and will return this year. Beautiful wood products are extremely cheap. I buy really nice 22 in. solid mahogany Huey models at RETAIL for under $4.
    In VN, there is a very high upper class and very poor lower class and most of the country is in the lower middle. I don't really think there is much market for these within the country , as if you are really going to spend that much, it will be for an imported product that has much more prestige.

Did I miss something in all this ?
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    In a country where the average wage , working 10 hour days , 6 a week is $50US/month and beautiful wood is plentiful, I have trouble believing this quoted cost.

Did I miss something in all this ?

Quote Originally Posted by louped garouv View Post
    I am honestly somewhat suprised that the cost to manufacture in VN is USD $500....
    I kind of alluded to my suprise in cost of the horns, I think......

Continu... 1803

JBL 4645
    Huynh

Nice finish to the horn. What is the weight of the multi-cell horn without the compression driver attached to it?

Thread Information