How many manufactures use wax seal's on their drivers? Why are wax seals used? I am not very talented when it comes to speaker replacement or crossover design but I will always replace a JBL part with A JBL part.

I remember long ago when I had a set of JBL speakers don't know the model but it had a 15" woofer and a bullet tweeter and what amazed me was the tweeter,I could never figure out how sound came out of that thing.

I had a bad woofer and didn't even know at that time that you could refoam or recone speakers. I decided to put a new woofer from Radio Shack in that big hole and guess what I made a perfect pair of JBL speakers sound like a pair of Radio Shack speakers.

I might not have the knowledge of most people here but I can tell you that the true JBL sound comes only from JBL design and parts. Let's face it ,you get what you pay for.

I'm just wondering about all these replacement parts lasting half as long as JBL parts. I wonder why JBL'S cost so much used or new, I wonder why people are willing to pay the price for JBL'S used or new, I only wonder if it has to do with quality??