Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pictures of JBL Everest DD66000

The pictures aren't perfect, I know that. But then again something is better than nothing. in my oppinion.

My pictures are from Hornslet Cabinets, in denmark. And this set is one of the first ever to be made.
    they are part of a tour on the factory, therefore there are only these 3 pics. Have I known that there would be this interest in the speaker, I would probably have taken some more.

regards

W

Tom Loizeaux
    Interesting.
    So do you know if JBL is having these made?
    Is this the only DD66000 cabinet production line? Do you know who they will be sent to for outfitting?

Thanks for the info.

Tom
    Last edited by Tom Loizeaux; 12-12-2006 at 08:26 PM. Reason: omitted word

Quote Originally Posted by witzel View Post
    The pictures aren't perfect, I know that. But then again something is better than nothing. in my oppinion.

My pictures are from Hornslet Cabinets, in denmark. And this set is one of the first ever to be made.
    they are part of a tour on the factory, therefore there are only these 3 pics. Have I known that there would be this interest in the speaker, I would probably have taken some more.

regards

W
    Hey Witzel. I appreciate you sharing them with us. You didn't have to do that, but you were nice enough to do so when asked. That is a friendly thing. Without your photos and comments, I would not have known that Hornslet Cabinets was involved. (They make some great stuff, BTW.)

I wonder, is this where the TiKs were born?

I don't know if TiK was made og partly made in Denmark. But I know that Hornslet have worked with JBL before the 66000 speaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Loizeaux View Post
    Interesting.
    So do you know if JBL is having these made?
    Is this the only DD66000 cabinet production line? Do you know who they will be sent to for outfitting?

Thanks for the info.

Tom

The president of Hornslet Cabinets, sounded like JBL was making this speaker. And that this set wasn't the only set.

I don't know where the outfitting is made. although I would love to visit this factory as well

Hi Folk's,

Mr. Witzel among others had posted an article concerning Hornslet Cabinets. It's on danish, but anyway for those who are interested the article also contains some butifull pictures of different enclosures

Reg. Valde

http://www.hifi4all.dk/content/templ...=1450&zoneid=4
    Last edited by Flemming Skov; 12-28-2006 at 04:41 AM. Reason: Forgot the link ;-)

Thank you for posting the article, Flemming Skov. There are enough similar words to English for me to catch the drift in some places.

Using shrink wrap as a clamp around complex shapes. Now there is a nice technique! I can see how the Canton Ventos cabinets would be made.

Clark in Peoria
    Information is not Knowledge; Knowledge is not Wisdom
    Too many audiophiles listen with their eyes instead of their ears

United Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Amurica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan Daugaard View Post

Denmark has a long tradition for architect-designed furniture, and several factories have specialized in the production of loudspeaker cabinets.
    I think B&W has their Nautilus-series cabinets done in Denmark also. My old N803's were very nicely done.

WOW!

Really neat pics of the cabinetry being made and assembled!

Thanks!

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Flemming Skov View Post
    Hi Folk's,

Mr. Witzel among others had posted an article concerning Hornslet Cabinets. It's on danish, but anyway for those who are interested the article also contains some butifull pictures of different enclosures

Reg. Valde

http://www.hifi4all.dk/content/templ...=1450&zoneid=4
    JBL Pro for home use!

Quote Originally Posted by LowPhreak View Post
    I think B&W has their Nautilus-series cabinets done in Denmark also. My old N803's were very nicely done.

yes, B&W has their cabinets made in Denmark as well. But not at Hornslet Cabinets.

But the "B&W cabinet factory" is on my list of places to visit.

Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    Hey Witzel. I appreciate you sharing them with us. You didn't have to do that, but you were nice enough to do so when asked. That is a friendly thing. Without your photos and comments, I would not have known that Hornslet Cabinets was involved. (They make some great stuff, BTW.)

I wonder, is this where the TiKs were born?
    The cabinets for the late TiK-series was also made by Hornslet, and the entire TiK-series (amongst quite a lot of other series) was made 100% in Denmark on the JBL-factory i Ringkøbing. Unfortunately, this factory is now closed and production moved to Mexico - this has led to a JBL-quality that is way lower than what we are used to see on JBL-speakers both in finish and not least in sound. It´s really sad to see, especially because they have made so many great speakers in the past.

Many of you probably remember the L- and Ti-series?? (L-20, 40, 60, 80 and 100 plus the Ti-1000, Ti-2000, Ti-3000 and Ti-5000) This series was also made in Denmark

United Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Amurica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by witzel View Post
    yes, B&W has their cabinets made in Denmark as well. But not at Hornslet Cabinets.

But the "B&W cabinet factory" is on my list of places to visit.
    I thought that was the case. You Danes have really raised this cabinetry construction to an art form. How do you do it? :dont-know

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin
    Unfortunately, this factory is now closed and production moved to Mexico - this has led to a JBL-quality that is way lower than what we are used to see on JBL-speakers both in finish and not least in sound.
    That's really too bad, though it does lower the MSRP of the speakers.

Meh, you get what you pay for.

Thread Information