Thread: Citation 16 for LF?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Citation 16 for LF?

I'm in the process of building a new chain for my 4-way monitors and have been searching for a while now, for a power amp to drive the 15" woofs (2231As with 2235 kits). I tried a smaller Hafler but wasn't too impressed. Was looking for monoblocks, but yesterday I came across this 16A locally that someone had bought in the same PX back in the '70s where my ol' L166s came from.
    I've entered the tube road with a new preamp already and thought it might be nice to stay within the (harman) family, with this power amp - at 200 I think I didn't pay too much? It's in very good condition cosmetically, built like a tank, 2x150W/8 ohms double mono design, all original, spent his life in moderate home use for classic only and has the original 10.000 microfarad capacitors made in USA - which is a good thing from what I've seen in a canadian ebay auction.
    Harman has made also the 2 years older 16 and a later version - how do they compare? Isn't it able to run in Class A mode? I've added a first snapshot after integrating it into the new rack (still a bit dusty). Will take better pics if desired, and would like to hear some opinions or background info about this unit. Thanks in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information