Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Making One SR4731x into Two cabs

RIP 2009
    I don't mind dealing with the post office. I just thought that it might be possible to completely bypass the P.O. since it sounds like I'd be sending them to San Francisco - I could almost as easily just drive them to S.F. and not deal with the P.O. at all, unless it's going to cost the same anyway...

John

Post Office

John

OK, thanks for offering to send them via a US Post Office. As far as I know, I think there is no way to put them on a military freighter directly so the local PO is probably the best choice. Since you are near San Francisco, the postal fee should be very reasonable. About how much does each empty enclosure weigh?

I really appreciate it!
    Chris

RIP 2009
    OK - I emptied one box and come up with about 45 lbs. empty, but including the grille. So I'm guessing under 60 lbs. each packed. It also looks like the final size will be under the 130" limit, but it appears I'll have to file a form 2976-A. Shipping looks to be around $40 each.

I'll pick up packing materials next week, and try to get them ready to go right after new years.

'You sure you don't want 3 of them?

John

RIP 2009
    Chris - I've done some close-up looking at pics of the 2381 horns in the 4731 cabinets and am virtually positive they're narrower than the 2380, or about 15" vs. the 2380's 17" or more. I imagine they'll fit in these cabinets, but you'll probably have to add some little "filler" pieces to each side of the horn openings to fill the gap.

John

Sounds Good

John
    Thanks! The shipping cost is even less than I expected. Yes, the form is a customs form. Please fill in the value of each as half of whatever the total cost ends up being.

I'll figure out something with the horns. A small filler piece of wood will be easy to install.

I wish I could take box #3 too, but my wife's a little anxious about our new Japanese-style house (i.e. "rabbit hutch") having more than one set of JBLs per room

Please let me know the total, including the $30 for packing materials and $30 for gas, and how you would like to receive payment, via paypal, personal check (I am in no hurry so I can wait till it clears for shipping), money order etc.

Happy holidays!
    Chris

littlemike
    Quote Originally Posted by johnaec View Post
    Do you have the second HF driver, (and horn)? I've got some leftover JBL cabinets that housed a 2206H and 2446/2380 combination I'l let go for free, (packing/shipping costs only). What is the size of the horn?

John
    John, do you still have 2 of these cabs?

cheers
    mike

RIP 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by littlemike View Post
    John, do you still have 2 of these cabs?
    I've got 2 cabs going to Chris, and a third one left over. Free, for packing and shipping costs. Very good condition.

John

RIP 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Minatogawaman View Post
    I'll figure out something with the horns. A small filler piece of wood will be easy to install.
    Chris - PM sent.

John

Thread Information