Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mcintosh Preamp opinions

dennis j leisz
    Greetings ,I have an excellent condition C34v preamp I am not using. Its looking for a good home. I have the original manual as well. Price is right.

If you have sat on it this long you might as well wait till this winter to sell. I don't know why but audio on Ebay and elswhere seems to be a buyers market. But as soon as everyone starts sitting around while the roads are covering up with snow......well prices go up...even JBLdog might get his money out of those JBL Thumpers. Besides I might be able to afford it by then!

jlovda

C-33 vs C-34

I own a C-34 and love it. In fact, I don't have a power amp. I run my 4311B's off the internal 20wpc monitor amps.

I believe the difference between the two models is that the 34 has the same limiting circuitry (can't remember the trade name) on the monitor amps as they use in their big amps to keep the waveform from being driven into clipping. The 34 also has both an expander and compressor. I believe the 33 only has a compressor.

John Lovda

Hey, does it have a blender for making umbrella drinks too?

Widget

IDF

Roger Russel's McIntosh History Page

Information on Vintage McIntosh products can be found at Roger Russel's McIntosh History Page,

Here :

http://www.roger-russell.com/aboutmc.htm

korgroenewoud

c34

[QUOTE=jlovda]I own a C-34 and love it. In fact, I don't have a power amp. I run my 4311B's off the internal 20wpc monitor amps.

I believe the difference between the two models is that the 34 has the same limiting circuitry (can't remember the trade name) on the monitor amps as they use in their big amps to keep the waveform from being driven into clipping. The 34 also has both an expander and compressor. I believe the 33 only has a compressor.

Hello John,

The models have the same features. Use the same little poweramps with powerguard. I once drove a 4343 on that little amp. It sounded great.

Kor

Thread Information