I have a set of early Altec Valencias that I am selling for my mother. I originally purchased these from a pone (sp?) shop around 1980 and gave them to my parents as a Christmas present. My mother just moved into a much smaller place and no longer has room for these. They are very early with serial numbers of 348 and 357 and it appears from the code of the label that these were build in Oct. 1965.

I have someone locally that would like to purchase these to use in his recording studio. They are in very good condition with only minor cosmetic problems. The fret work grills are in perfect condition. One speakers finish is slightly faded and there are a few places where there are, mostly very small, chips in the veneer and a few small dings. They are original in every way and have not been messed with at all.

What I am wondering is if the low serial numbers have any impact on the value of these speakers? I would like to make a fair offer to the individual that is interested but I am not sure what these are worth other than the general estimated I have seen here and also some things on ebay.