Thread: Lindsey Buckingham in Concert - tonite!

Lindsey Buckingham in Concert - tonite!

I am heading down to Tucson in about an hour to catch Lindsey Buckingham's concert at the Fox Theatre.

Show is at 8:30pm, but going early to check out the thrift stores, . Hope I find something good in the realm of audio.

Will post pictures and review.

Check out his website to find out if he will be heading towards you!

I can't wait! This guy is incredibly amazing on guitar and a great voice to boot~!

www.lindseybuckingham.com

http://foxtucsontheatre.eventinterface.com/fox/

-Storm.

I'd rather see Peter Green, Bob Welch, or Danny Kirwan:

Quote Originally Posted by wikipedia:
    During the past couple of years, there have been rumours of a reunion of the early line-up of Fleetwood Mac, involving Green and Spencer. Whilst these two guitarists apparently remain unconvinced of the merits of such a project, Kirwan has remained as silent as ever on the subject. In April 2006, during a question-and-answer session on the Penguin Fleetwood Mac fan website, bass player John McVie said of the reunion idea:
    "If we could get Peter and Jeremy to do it, I'd probably, maybe, do it. I know Mick would do it in a flash. Unfortunately, I don't think there's much chance of Danny doing it. Bless his heart."

Yeah, bless your heart - I kick myself for missing the classic Fleetwood Mac (Pre-Buckingham-Nicks) when they played DC in the past . No offense to the later band, they were fine - but for me the magic was in those earlier versions of the band. I still wack out friends by playing Morning Rain or some of the cuts from a Live at the Boston Tea Party CD that appeared a few years ago. That's got some fine blues playing!

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    I'd rather see Peter Green, Bob Welch, or Danny Kirwan:
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

I emailed the theater and asked them what sound system they use. They just emailed me back:

Storm,
    The Fox Theatre is currently equipped with JBL Vertec Line Array and Crown Amplifiers.
    To see a full set of technical specs for the Fox please see the link to our website below.
    Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any other questions.

http://www.foxtucsontheatre.org/buil...tech_specs.php

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    Yeah, bless your heart - I kick myself for missing the classic Fleetwood Mac (Pre-Buckingham-Nicks) when they played DC in the past . No offense to the later band, they were fine - but for me the magic was in those earlier versions of the band.
    My memory is often a little fuzzy on details from back then , but I recall seeing them in the Mary Baldwin College gym in Staunton, VA, back when I was in school at UVA. Must have been around 1973 or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    I emailed the theater and asked them what sound system they use. They just emailed me back:

Storm,
    The Fox Theatre is currently equipped with JBL Vertec Line Array and Crown Amplifiers.
    To see a full set of technical specs for the Fox please see the link to our website below.
    Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any other questions.

http://www.foxtucsontheatre.org/buil...tech_specs.php

Hey Storm You should get to the theatre early and tell the sound guys about the Altec sound!!!

In Birch of course.

Just got back.

Wow, he puts on a performance!

I was not happy with the bass and the highs were too harsh.

I know, I wish they would have installed some A5's or A7's instead of the JBL arrays.

Purchased his new CD with his autograph - $25.00. Gave the one I bought without the autograph to my dad. He and I went to the concert.

About a 2 hour drive, but well worth it!

He is truly a class act!

Too bad there will never be a Fleetwood Mac reunion, again.

-Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    Just got back.

Wow, he puts on a performance!

I was not happy with the bass and the highs were too harsh.

I know, I wish they would have installed some A5's or A7's instead of the JBL arrays.

Purchased his new CD with his autograph - $25.00. Gave the one I bought without the autograph to my dad. He and I went to the concert.

About a 2 hour drive, but well worth it!

He is truly a class act!

Too bad there will never be a Fleetwood Mac reunion, again.

-Storm.
    Oh - its quite possible there may be a reunion -
    but it would be one without Lindsey.
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Thread Information