Thread: New guy here hoping for some expert advice

sirlonghair7

New guy here hoping for some expert advice

Hi everyone. Been browsing your forums for a few months now, and thought I'd actually make my presence known. I'm pretty new to vintage gear, so my knowledge is very limited.

Recently I managed to pick up some sansui sp-3500's from GW, for 5 dollars a piece. They are presentable however I notice the woofers might need some loving. I was hoping to get some advice on the proper direction I need to take to get these puppies going in my computer room.

I see the rubber surround around, what I believe is the cone is comming unglued. There looks to be no physical damage, just like the glue is no longer holding. Here is a link to a picture that might be a litte better view.

http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/6241/dsc00108tk5.jpg

I've been looking for a semi local place to look into speaker repair, and have had no luck. I watched the reconing thread and tutorial, but not sure if I would be really comfortable with trying it. I'd hate to mess something up and make it non functional. Or use the wrong items. Any advice would be much appreciated.

If anyone lives near my area and knows of a place to take in speakers please let me know as well. Thanks much.

John

Try and find a reconer in your area

They would have the glue needed to fix that problem.

Regards, Ron
    JBL Pro for home use!

sirlonghair7
    So since they are rubbber surrounds I can just reapply with proper glue. Thx so much for the info.

John

Thread Information