Thread: Has anyone heard of Lambda Acoustics......

Has anyone heard of Lambda Acoustics......

A loudspeaker called the Lambda Acoustics TD12S. I just purchased two of them because they sounded good but I don't know a thing about them. The T/s numbers are Fs 31.5, Qms 3.16, Qes .38, Vas 160 liters, Cms .4, Mms 64, Sd 530cm2, Rms 4.0Kg/S, Bl 13.3, Re 5.3, Z 8, Le .3, Pe (nom )300, Pe (max) 500, Pe (transient) 1000, 1WSpl 93.2, Air gap 18mm, VC length 38mm, Linear Xmax 10mm peak, Mech Xmax 18mm peak.

I really don't have a good understanding of these numbers but in other posts you folk throw them around like you know what's up. And what the heck is a faraday ring?
    I would like to use these in a 3 way system but I am clueless as to what size enclosure would be best. The guy I got them from says they are supposed to be great in an infinite baffle. Would one of you gurus please help me decide my next project. What size enclosure would you try? Will they at least match my LE 15A's in bass response?

Thanks Bill Burgette

Hi Bill,

Lambda Acoustics was run by a nice fellow named Nick McKinney in Florida, who ceased business operations three of four years ago. By all accounts his products were very good and innovative in design. Sorry I can't help you with the driver specs or applications. Perhaps someone over on the Audio Asylum High Efficiency Speakers forum can help you if you don't find the answers you need here.

http://www.audioasylum.com/forums/hug/bbs.html

The official Lambda website is dead, but you can call up a back up at archive.org usig the Wayback Machine. It is slow, but it is there.

http://web.archive.org/web/200203251...acoustics.com/

Thanks folks, but I tried the waaaay-back machine and couldn't find anything useful to help me decide on a box size or the expected low frequency performance. I'm a real rookie compared to most of the folks on this site and I was hoping that with the parameters someone could give me a few good ideas on how to use these. Somehow you all plug these paramaters into a program and graphs come out.
    Is that magic, junk science, or some mystical performance program from the gods. Thanks again --Bill--

EBP=83, it's more of a ported enclosure driver, though not absolutely so. It's in the BB6P database, so I've generated the suggested box designs:

Black = Closed box.

Red = "Hi-fi" 2.7 cuft gross, 2.5 cuft net, 34.25 Hz, port 1 x 4" @7.56"

Blue = "Extended Bass" 5.15 cuft gross, 4.8 cuft net, 29.4 Hz, port 2 x 4" @11.5"
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks Zilch... I was hoping you'd come to the rescue.

Widget

Thanks Zilch, you're my hero and a master judge of fine Kenucky Bourbon whiskey. So what I just read was that if I build an enclosure about 20" wide, 12.5" deep and about 32 1/2" high with the ports suggested for extended bass performance this should kick butt.
    Does the golden ratio still apply after all these years? It's been a while folks, so bear with me. What is the advantage of the Faraday ring on this woofer? Is it supposed to make it more efficient or what? Again...thanks.

If those are interior dimensions, you're a little small at 4.7 cuft. My "net" numbers are net of driver(s) and vents. You want to be at or a bit over 5 cuft. gross internal volume.

Also, getting 11.5" vents in 12.5" depth will require they be elbows, which is O.K., too. BB6P usually estimates ports too long; you'll have to determine the actual tuning after the boxes are built and adjust the length, most likely.

Another option is a pair of shorter 3" ports (what I use in 5 cuft,) but those'll get "chuffy" at high SPL....

Thread Information