Attached Images Attached Images      

soundmanshorty

a few more

Shots.

www.systemsbyshorty.com

soundmanshorty

this guy weighs

Hi Shorty,nice installs,perhaps you can tell us more about theese huge cabs and what are they loaded in.By the way i had a quick glance through your website and noticed that you've collaborated with people i owe a lot of respect,vasquez,morales,sasha and all the party people,congrats also for all your achievements,especially for having done the works at the world renowned twilo,never been there but always dreamn 't of

soundmanshorty

Thanks for the compliments

Quote Originally Posted by takenodisk View Post
    Hi Shorty,nice installs,perhaps you can tell us more about theese huge cabs and what are they loaded in.By the way i had a quick glance through your website and noticed that you've collaborated with people i owe a lot of respect,vasquez,morales,sasha and all the party people,congrats also for all your achievements,especially for having done the works at the world renowned twilo,never been there but always dreamn 't of
    My site is being redone as we speak so keep checkin in for the new site. I dont know if you seen it on my site i also installed the 3 year in a row award nominated SBS Sound System in Stereo Montreal that i pulled out earlier this year.

With this SBS system in Gspot , this is a 4 stack sound system:

Ok the 4 bottoms with the huge extension, Model # SBS SBH 2.18 EXT are JBL Loaded - with 2 Crown MA 3600VZ powering them

The 4- quad 15s which are in straight front loaded horns Model # SBS FLH 215-1603 are loaded with 4 TAD TL 1603 per stack & are powered by 2 Crown MA 5002vz

The 4 dbl 12 low mid cabinets model # SBS FLH 212 are JBL 2020 loaded are powered by 2 Bryston 4B SST`s

The Mid Cabinets Model # SBS SMP 4002 are loaded with 8 TAD TD 4002 loaded Powered by 1 Bryston 3B SST 2 drivers per stack

The 4 High freq driver in the mouth of the 4 FLH 212 are 4 FANE HF 250 powered by 1 Bryston 2B SST

The 4 Tweeter arrays Fane Loaded are powered by 4 Crown D75A bridged Mono, 1 per array

For my system x-overs Im usin SBS Modified Bryston 10B xovers (This is a Analog System nothing digital at the customers request) The only digital in the sound system are the Pioneer CDJ 1000 MK3

Im using BSS FCS 960 EQS

1 Rane 2016a mixer

1 Thrive Audio vacum tube Prototype 5 way Isolator (that I designed for and with Thrive Audio)

www.systemsbyshorty.com new site comming soon
    www.myspace.com/soundmanshorty
    www.sbsint.com for my international division comming soon
    [email protected]
    [email protected]

soundmanshorty

Some reviews from Smartshanghai Board on SBS system Gspot

http://www.smartshanghai.com/index.php

Go in, Go up... Ohhh!! You found it!
    Club G-Spot : Review and pictures
    by Plui, Oct 31st 06, 21:13 | permalink

A low-pitch rumble becomes a heavier thud as the lift ascends to the 4th Floor of No. 1 Huai Hai Zhong Lu. The elevator doors open to a chorus line of "Huan yin guang ling" girls flanked on either side by some well-suited heavy-hitters. Behind them a wall glows with coloured strips of LED much like the "Scratch 'n Sniff"/tasting wall at the entry to Willy Wonka's top-secret candyland in "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" but with a darker twist - The real difference is that this factory is all about eye and ear candy, and it's no longer a secret: It's Club G-Spot.

And that's just the foyer! Enter the main room and head toward the dance floor - that low-pitched thud becomes a downright thump thump thump. There's table seating, as well as booths overlooking the dance floor, all lined with a plush purple carpeted wall with circular light rings cut into the design. Form meets function here as the carpeted wall effectively reduces the reverberation in the massive main room. Left of the bar is more raised table-seating and access to another room that acts as both a VIP room or a second dance area with its own bar and DJ booth and retractable wall on bigger nights.

It's opening night and John Digweed is flown in to flex the beats on the new "Systems By Shorty" (SBS) creation - a 4-tower gargantuan arranged to saturate sound in the club's sweet-spot: G-Spot's G-Spot is in the middle of all 4 towers right under the large mirror ball... Head there for some bassbin bliss - it's flooded with bass. The speaker enclosures themselves throw the beats directly onto the dance floor so it's actually possible to stand near any of the towers and still carry out a conversation on just about anything.

The conversation/controversy in the SmartShanghai forum leading up to the opening night was not entirely unfounded - the SBS system rocks it hard, it's very powerful without being loud on the ears. As for the eyes, the combination of multi-colored wall cutouts and ceiling effects along with the massive LED wall behind the DJ booth drench G-Spot with an 80s "Blade Runner" hazy glow.

The "Blade Runner" effect is carried out through the long, black-marbled corridors that lead to the KTV section of the club that effectively occupies about one-third of G-Spot's 2,000 sq/m of space. The halls are bathed in a red glow of lights and mirrors leading to any one of the 8 pimped out KTV rooms. These rooms hold up to 50 and have audio/video feeds from the main dance floor that can be over-ridden with KTV audio. A closer inspection of the club's floor plan reveals a suspicious 9th private room separate from the rest, and one can only imagine what goes on in there...

http://forum.smartchina.com/thread/1...h_John_Digweed

pchubu a clubber, comments on the SBS Gspot system

Went out to catch the much-vaunted system by Shorty and left duly impressed. I'd venture to say that the system at GSpot is definitely on par with the Phazon soundsystems used at Twilo (NY) Womb (Tokyo). You have to be on the dancefloor to get a proper feel for the system, and if on the dancefloor you get transparent sound across the whole frequency spectrum. If the DJs technique is crap and the CUE/PRG tracks aren't in lockstep - there's no place to hide with the sound so clear. No muddiness and you definitely don't get the tinniness that you sometimes hear from digital systems. Warm, full, voluminous bass that fills the floor and kicks squarely with real punch. Spent a good amount of time just standing in front of the stacks feeling the sound and the system. Awesome. It's been a while since I last experienced a system that pushed sound like this one can. It's inarguably Shanghai's best system. I hope they keep a tight music-program that covers a wide range of Dance/Electronica and DJs/musicians both local/abroad.

I'm no fan of minimal electro, but the system makes music from that genre sound good and even compelled me to dance to it. I'm convinced you could play John Tesh or Yanni and the system would manage to make even them sound goood.

I was told that Shorty'll be back at GSpot on a regular basis to tune the system. Impressive. Glad that nearly all sofas/tables are on the side and out of view (for the most part). As it gives the diceplayers and scenesters who aren't there to contribute to the party/vibe a place on the fringes and the serious punters a place to soak in the sound.

I give Digweed a B. Some phenomenal and blinding tunes here and there, but the sum didn't exceed the individual parts. Choppy and disjointed flow at times as the programming wasn't as tight as Ive heard him capable of in times past. Functional, straightforward mixing that got the job done.

A good mix of local and foreign clientele with most of the locals sat on the sidelines and the foreigners situated around the bar/dancefloor or on the dancefloor.

www.gspotclub.net

hope you enjoy

Southern California, Orange County, Huntington Beach
    looks beautiful, I'm a bit curious as to what decibels it reaches on the dance floor?
    Young, but i love speakers!

soundmanshorty

Completed final pic of Lotusoundbar Hawaii

soundmanshorty

pt 2 to lotusoundbar pics

Some more shots

soundmanshorty

more pics & some Details

I Just wanted to give a lil info on how special and rare this system really is. The SBS Custom sound system in Lotusoundbar is a one of a kind sound system & truely a custom Hand made sound system in every sense of the term custom designed sound system, from the cabinets to all the amplifiers and processing, it can never be duplicated, this is the only one in the world like this.

The entire line of Thrive audio prototype amplifiers (the company i design product for and with) in this space is all hand made, the circuit boards for these amplifiers are all hand etched & hand layed out in our facility/factory, everythin about these amps are truely 1 of a kind hand made prototype amplifiers. The Thrive Audio Prototype Isolator that I designed with and for Thrive Audio is hand Made in this system aswell.

The cables comming off the head shell that attach to the cartridge body are from the 1940s, as thin as a strand of hair. When ABing from a normal headshell with the stock cable from the cartridge body to the head shell, to this rare cable conected from the cartridge body to the headshell you can really hear the difference. The Cartridge we used and ab-ed against was the Grado 200 on a normal headshel setup with the normal cable, and a headshell with a Grado 200 with this rare 1940s cabling on the head shell. IMHO We liked the headshell with the 1940s cabling better much cleaner, more output and more detail it is amazing what just the cable change in this portion of the system will do for your clarity. Then we put that up against the Audio Technica and the Grado won hands Down, the original Stanton 680el in second then the Audio technica

The Gear list in this system for Lotusoundbar includes:

2 SBS - SBH 2.18, powered by 1 Crown MA 3600 VZ

2 SBS SBH 2.18 ext, powered by 1 Crown Ma 3600 vz amps

4 SBS FLH 1603, 1 per stack TAD TL 1603 bass drivers powered by 2 Thrive
    Audio Iona custom made Protype amps

4 SBS FLH 112, JBL 2020 Loaded 1 per stack, powered by a Thrive Audio Reya
    protype custom made amp

4 SBS SMH TM 4002 Tad 4002 loaded 1 per stack, powered by 1 Custom Made
    Thrive Audio Nyla Amp

I flew 2 SBS STA Tweeer arrays, powered by 1 Custom made Prototype Thrive
    Audio Alba amplifier.

1 original Urei 1620

3 Pioneer cdj 1000 mk2 , 3 Technics 1200 mk2 ttables,

1 Custom made prototype Thrive audio Vacum Tube Isolator.

2 BSS FCS 966 Opals

1 Ashley XR 2001 Fullrange xover (will be updated in the future)

1 RLA X2000 SBS Modified.

All new www.systemsbyshorty.com comming soon, and soon to come www.sbsint.com

I love these kind of systems.
    Reminds me of the old spanish super clubs!

These horn systems kick serious ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Guido View Post
    I love these kind of systems.
    Reminds me of the old spanish super clubs!

These horn systems kick serious ass.
    Yes, they do!

Thats my man Shorty, analog horn loaded sound updated for the 21st century. Smooth, effortless, dynamic, and capable of being absolutely terrifying when you just need to do that!

Yet, smooth, and super clear.

JBL 12,s and 18,s work really well in them horns!

scottyj

Lotus Sound Bar looks very groovy, Mr. Bond.

Thread Information