Thread: L166 Questions...Horizon nomenclature, etc.

Punch

L166 Questions...Horizon nomenclature, etc.

Hi,

I'm a newbie here, but a longtime JBL listener...huge fan of the mid-late70's/early 80's hi-fi.

I just bought a pair of L166's, which are one owner. They still have the grill hang tags and the owner's manual. They have been my favorite JBL ever since I heard them when I was 12 years old.

They have a few features which are different from the pair I remember. If you could help out, I have a few questions:

1) Years of production?

2) My grills are all plastic which attach to the "dowels". My buddy's pair had metal grills with velcro attachments. Did the earlier ones have metal or plastic?

3) "Horizon" is not written on the nameplate...just L166. I am not sure why Horizon is not printed on the plate. Was Horizon added later. Are these earlier versions?

I'd appreciate any help,
    Nick
    Last edited by Punch; 12-11-2003 at 07:47 AM.

dgorshe
    well only info i have is that i have 2 pair one has velcro and one has the dowels i think it was a customer choice on which one they wanted to use, my grilles were metal on both pairs and the only thing i remember about not having horizon written on them is that one of my buddies had the same thing only his were L-100's and they didnt say century. overall i think they are great speakers.

Thread Information