Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Beatles LOVE CD

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERBEE View Post
    I was always a Rolling Stones / Pretty Things fan myself.

Well, that says a lot my friend. We are on two different sound planets. I never liked the Stones, but must admit they have something, I discovered the past 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolf View Post
    I never liked the Stones, but must admit they have something, I discovered the past 15 years.
    Roots, is what....

Quote Originally Posted by Rolf View Post
    Well, that says a lot my friend. We are on two different sound planets. I never liked the Stones, but must admit they have something, I discovered the past 15 years.
    Any mid 60s perhaps unknown bands from Norway in a Beatles or Stones style you would reccomend?
    Paragon
    Olympus
    L-100's
    4311's

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERBEE View Post
    Any mid 60s perhaps unknown bands from Norway in a Beatles or Stones style you would reccomend?
    Not exactly Beatles or Stones, but Savage Rose comes to mind from the late 60s early 70s. The female lead singer, Annisette I think, is a real euro-sex kitten. And like the Stones, they're still playing in one form or another.

I think one of the Koppel brothers passed away recently.

When I hear Lady Madonna or Eleanor Rigby, I immediately think about Your Daily Gift, IMO a song that does what the Beatles did in those two songs only a whole lot better. YMMV, 1960s popster children.
    Out.

TD, Get with the program. Savage Rose self titled and In The Plain was not untill 1968 and 1969. I am looking for mid 60s punk ravers ala Q65. Somewhere between 1964 and late 1967.
    Paragon
    Olympus
    L-100's
    4311's

Easy. I didn't know '64 to '67 were your absolute, stringent guidelines. Sorry to be so far out of your time frame and out of your program.

-------------

Back OT, I picked up The Beatles "LOVE" in the CD/DVD combo set at Target for $13.88. The DVD-A 5.1 mixes are pretty interesting, and the sound quality really is quite good for being 40 years old. This definitely improves on the sound of the old LPs and the old CDs.

If Apple Corps is working on remastering these, it sounds like the material might just have the recording quality to make it worthwhile.

My fav 60s group

here is an original that I shot of some 60s group. Who was that lead singer ?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    here is an original that I shot of some 60s group. Who was that lead singer ?
    Jim - we hardly knew ye!! Passed through the door way too soon!
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    Jim - we hardly knew ye!! Passed through the door way too soon!
    Hey hj:

Time has come today for you to ID these brothers who opened for Jim...

(You darned well better get 2 headliners when you pay $2 for a ticket)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

"Time!"

[Saw the same show at the Fillmore.... ]

Quote Originally Posted by Zilch View Post
    "Time!"

[Saw the same show at the Fillmore.... ]
    Zilch ...you are older than I thot , but I saw the Chambers Bros and The Doors at La Playa Stadium , Santa Barbara , summer 68. Home on boot camp leave before my big Asian adventure.
    (Joined the Canoe Club to stay out of that mess, but didn't work out like my plans)

Savage Rose

The 2nd programme of Danish public service television, DR2, has devoted this evening to the founder of Savage Rose, Thomas Koppel, who died on the 25th of February 2006. There will i.a. be an interview with the widow, Annisette.

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    Zilch ...you are older than I thot , but I saw the Chambers Bros and The Doors at La Playa Stadium , Santa Barbara , summer 68. Home on boot camp leave before my big Asian adventure.
    (Joined the Canoe Club to stay out of that mess, but didn't work out like my plans)

Yeah. you two are SO much Older ... he he he (just kiddink)

My first concerts were summer of 1970 - at the Merriweather Post Pavilion in MD, I went to 3 shows that year - The Association, Steppenwolf, and The Who (the Who's Next tour).
    Janice and Jimmie had played there the year before, which was the first year for that new venue, but I hadn't yet been experienced, so I didn't know to go ...
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4

Reality really does bite!

Hijames -

Wow, I bet you feel horrible for not seeing Janice Joplin or Jimmie Hendrix.

I guess as they say - reality bites.

Oh well, you got to go see The Who in their prime! I am thinking about going this time around, but I dont know if those guys are going to be able to put on a show or not and their prices are outrageous!

Happy Holidays.

-Storm

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    Hijames -

Wow, I bet you feel horrible for not seeing Janice Joplin or Jimmie Hendrix.

I guess as they say - reality bites.

Oh well, you got to go see The Who in their prime! I am thinking about going this time around, but I dont know if those guys are going to be able to put on a show or not and their prices are outrageous!

Happy Holidays.

-Storm
    Well - since its over 37 years since I missed those shows I've somehow learned to deal with it -

Besides, I saw The Band in their golden era, Stills with Manassas, ELP, Grateful Dead a few times (once with the Allman Bros - early 70s) , Hot Tuna, Little Feat (with Lowell George), Blues Project (Reunion tour), and a very drunk Rolling Stones (Exile on Main St tour) who couldn't really play that night ... Oh, and few others like Mahavishnu Orchestra (Birds of Fire tour), Asia (they were the warm up act for Al Dimeola, whoever he is ... ) and some weirdos like Roxy Music, Zappa and T Dream ...

Thread Information