+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Altec Lansing Santana II speakers??

Altec Lansing Santana II speakers??

Can anyone give me any info (as detailed as possible) about these speakers? I have found a pair for $99, I am interested in purchasing them but do not know very much about them. Any information would be appreciated--thank you!

San Francisco
    You might try poking around on the Altec portion of the Lansing Heritage Library on this site.

Santana II

I purchased a pair in 1976 for About $250 (a good price then, i think retail at the time was $250 each) They handle 75 watts.
    make nice controll room monitors if you raise and flip them. I blew the tweeters( loud monitoring of guitar) during 5 year warranty and had them replaced. I had to replace surrounds about 10 years ago. They work fiine. I may have the original brochure around somewhere. If i find it I'll post it.

Very nice slate-top end table speakers. My friend had a pair years ago that sounded great but kept blowing tweeters. He replaced them at least twice on both speakers.

Goldcoast Australia
    those speakers are wonderful sounding things, my daughter Stacie has a pair in her system. She swears by them!!! ok she's only ten but you can garantee her ears are a lot more critcal than ours. Seriously they would be a great investment, we paid $450 AU for our pair and they really are a joy to listen to.
    Thanks for your help
    Regards Mike...................

Do they sound anything like Mesa Boogie amps?

keith kupec

Santana II's

Have a pair of AL Santana II's. I've been having a problem with the tweeter sounding scratchy at lower volumes. It will clear up when the volume is raised but still doesn't have the clarity it should. I replaced the two capacitors in each speaker to no avail. Noticed several posts mention blown tweeters in this model. Is there a way to verify the tweeter is bad and if they are, what type of replacement do I need? Any help appreciated...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information