Thread: amp suggestions

amp suggestions

Ok, alot of you have read the project im working on. I have two boxes, each has a D130, 075 and N2400 crossover. I know these D130's werent built for the booming bass that most 15 inches have these days, but i wanted to put a small amp on these. I dont want something real strong, i was thinking like 20 to 50 watt amp. I would like your opinions on this and what type amp do i get (i dont have the money to go big here) Also, do i put the amp between reciever and crossover, or between crossover and speaker. i am not sure i need an amp on those 075 tweets, they are pretty loud and clear without adding anything. thanks again everyone.

Hi rrwalkertr

When I gave my old 030 systems to my nephew, I recommended that he get something with a little more power then that. Something in the 70 to 100 watts/channel range. So, on my recommendation, he purchased Yamaha RX-797 receiver and he has been very happy with it. But, if your really going to go something smaller in the 20 to 50 watt/channel range, then I would recommend the crown D-75a. It’s a ballsy little amp, with very distortion. And it seems to pack a punch that defies its small size and its low 40 watt/channel power rating.

Baron030

Thread Information