Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stop the L100 bashing

Stop the L100 bashing

Seriously, so many threads people are bashing L100s.
    Stop that immature garbage.

It is childish and ridiculous to bash another person's speakers.

It started as being fun playing around, but some of you guys are taking it WAY to far.

Not everybody wants 500lb horn loaded cabinets in their listening area.
    Not everyobdy can afford studio models.
    Not everyobdy wants to upgrade, they are happy with what they have.
    It is great if someone wants to upgrade, but some folks don't have the means.

Lay off, and appreciate some people are participating in vintage JBL stuff and are taking care of and treasuring these classics.

Like many hypocritical members have said "Everyone has different ears"

Wow, great minds think alike. :)

Alex -

Check out the post I just wrote for the other thread, basically the same thing you said here and submited at the exact same time.

I agree, some of these guys have engineering degrees and stuff so they think they are better than everyone else.

All speakers are great - why would they have engineered them and sold them in the first place if they never were good? That makes no sense. It is just people with way too much money and time who nit pick and find everything wrong with something.

I equate these people like food critics...all food goes down the same and everyone has a different taste - all music goes down the same, everyone has a different ear.

I think some speakers are only better than another because like my dad always says - "Once I have it, it is always better." That is true in every sense of the word.

Let's just forget about bashing, turn up our favorite CD, sit back, and enjoy! Life is way too short to begin with.

Peace.

Allow me to be the FIRST to step forward:

Show me ANY post wherein I have bashed L100, and I will request that it be removed.

[Assuming I agree that it's "bashing," of course.... ]

Quote Originally Posted by Zilch
    Show me ANY post wherein I have bashed L100, and I will request that it be removed.

[Assuming I agree that it's bashing, of course.... ]
    I don't see your name in this thread. It could be any of the thousands of members here I am referring to.

WHEW! Well, it's all good then.

I'm most pleased to have assurance that it's not ME or anything I'VE written here recently what has incited your ire.

[Don't wanna be a miscreant, nope, nope.... ]

Re: Stop the L100 bashing

But they burn so much better after they are bashed...

I'm sorry... it is just too easy to be a smart ass about this topic.

Oh heck, I have said it before and will say it again... the mighty Century L100 is the only factory built JBL I own... I will hopefully have some replacement Quadrex grilles for them in the not too distant future and will then proudly display them... turned off of course.

Widget

You guys got it all wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by Storm
    Alex -

I agree, some of these guys have engineering degrees and stuff so they think they are better than everyone else.
    Not better, just infinitely more informed, experienced, and mostly trying to help...if people would let go of their limited exposure to some of these systems and drivers, and try to absorb it, instead of becoming defensive, they might actually learn what they are missing. This is my take. But I have been on here longer than a month, and had hands on with some of these components for 25 years. I am not rich...I am not an engineer. I can always learn something new. It's a lot of fun.

All speakers are great
    Really? Then why are you wasting your time on a JBL site? Radio Shack might still be open...

- why would they have engineered them and sold them in the first place if they never were good? That makes no sense.
    It's called "price points" in marketing. Been mentioned on here many times.

It is just people with way too much money and time who nit pick and find everything wrong with something.
    From what I have read on here...this is a baseless insult to the guys on here trying to share information.... Spend some time reading about something other than L100's, which were purposely designed to be innacurate in the first place...and discover that JBL (and the engineering world) has moved beyond that in the last 37 years. Don't take it personal...I don't.

I think some speakers are only better than another because like my dad always says - "Once I have it, it is always better." That is true in every sense of the word.
    Apples don't fall far from the tree...so the saying goes.

I love my little 4301B's. They aren't my only speaker, or my only JBL's. But I listen to them more than any others. Because I like what they do. They have 30 year old paper tweeters, similar to your L100's 35 year old paper tweeters. And that's ok. Really. They are what they are...fun to listen to.

Neither of these compares to anything like what is available even in the past 15-20 years for reasonable money. But you have to want to try something else...I have, many times. It doesn't mean my 4301 suck.
    Joining the boys club and hoping everyone likes your toys is really not what this forum is about...is it? It is annoying to keep having this paranoid, defensive stuff come up so much. I just want to read about JBL speakers and what other guys are doing with them....it's all fun, if you allow it to be.

soundboy,

This thread was not intended for debate. People should be curtious, no matter how much or how little they contribute. Nothing more, nothing less.

So please do not carry this on any furthur.

Storm was trying to get people to understand that fun is the point of audio, not dead seriousness.

Yeah, but I am not the nut that fell from the tree!

Quote Originally Posted by alexkerhead
    soundboy,

This thread was not intended for debate. People should be curtious, no matter how much or how little they contribute. Nothing more, nothing less.

So please do not carry this on any furthur.

Storm was trying to get people to understand that fun is the point of audio, not dead seriousness.
    Alex - you could not be more right! Most of these posters on this forum are dead serious about their hobby. Seems to me hardly anyone has any fun or casually sits back and listens to their speakers.

Same with the Altec thread - that is why they banned me from ever joining.

Seems to me these audio threads are run by old geezers who could care less about passing on the audio heritage. All they care about is what they got and who has it or what can I do to make it better.

I guess I heard it right before - this JBL forum only likes things that can be messed with, not the stuff that is too easy to understand. What I mean is, the less it can be modified, the less respect it has among this community.

I surmise that this is the exact reason why Zilch and others does not understand simple posts such as ours.

Peace.

I tend to agree. It is sad people can't just enjoy their stuff, they have to shove it down other people's throats.

What we know and appreciate is that there's more to quality sound reproduction than throbbing quarter-panels, is all.

Indeed, we have long since progressed well beyond mere rutting.

[We can still do that with the best of them, tho.... ]

Quote Originally Posted by Zilch
    What we know and appreciate is that there's more to quality sound reproduction than throbbing quarter-panels, is what.

[Indeed, we are long since past rutting... ]
    Boom Boom

GOOD ONE ALEX!

Quote Originally Posted by alexkerhead

Now HOW did I just KNOW that?

[Zilch must be PSYCHIC or somethin'.... ]

All speakers are great - why would they have engineered them and sold them in the first place if they never were good?
    "All speakers are great"

No they are not. What tripe.

"why would they have engineered them and sold them in the first place if they never were good?"

I presume you like Bose, then?

Thread Information