Quote Originally Posted by jaymanaa View Post
Well, I got the crossovers all finished and gave them a whirl. I think they are much better especially in the higher frequencys. Seems to be much better detail, and they are even trying to image a little. I haven't figured out what I'm going to do (if anything) with the woofers. The surrounds look fine, and I must confess, I did the brake fluid trick which softened them up quite nicely (at least for now). I'm definitely open for suggestions on the woofers. I bought these with the hopes of replacing the Heresys in my basement/shop, and I think they probably will. So far the only testing has been with a souped up Dyna 70 and CDP (no pre), but I'm really liking them better, the longer I listen. Here's a couple pics too. The new components were the same specs as stock. I also replaced the tiny spring hook ups, so I could use some larger speaker wire. Jay
I'm looking at refurbishing my LX10 as well. Which capacitors did you use? I would like to renew the l-pads. Do you have any recommendations there?
I also need to refoam the drivers and ordered these: JBL Speaker Foam Edge Repair Replacement Kit, LE14, L220, L222, FSK-14JBL (simplyspeakers.com)

jordl