Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: L46 Woofers

Pioneer727

L46 Woofers

Hi all I have a spec question you see my son in law just blew both woofers in my L46's Now I have to find replacements I am watching a pair of 116H's on ebay will they work for a replacement for the 117H. What would you recommend

Ron

http://manuals.harman.com/JBL/HOM/Te...Sigma%20ts.pdf

116H-3 is current production, $216 apiece:

http://www.jblproservice.com/pdf/Tra...cer%20List.pdf

Did see a pair on eBay recently.

Perp pays....

I have a few extras. One has new surrounds but is a 1982 vintage and the ood other is the later 1983 version in need of surround but has a good voice coil and no scratchiness. PM me if interested.

Yank

Pioneer727
    Thanks guys are these the 116H-3's they only say 116H on the woofer.

Ron
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Hi Pioneer727,

Welcome to Lansing Heritage! Hope you enjoy your time here. Sorry to hear about your L46 damage. Here may be some help.

I was watching this pair on Ebay as possible spares for my L46's but sounds like you need them more. If the woofers are truly blown (not putting out anything anymore), then these should be good replacements for you. Note the foam surround is not like the original thin rubber, but those surrounds have never been available AFAIK.

If you do decide to trash the old woofer because the voice coils are fried, please let me know. I could use the original foam gaskets on the front of the frame if they can be taken off intact (usually with a thin blade).

Here's the link, I suspect if you contact the seller and offer the opening price, he'll probably take it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...4337&rd=1&rd=1

Regards,

Bart
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer727
    Thanks guys are these the 116H-3's they only say 116H on the woofer.
    I don't have the parameters for 116H-3, but I can almost guarantee it is VERY different from 116H.

[116H is good for buildin' Minis, tho.... ]

Pioneer727
    Do any of you have a pair of 117H's for sale just hoping here headphones suck.

Thanks for the ebay link I contacted the seller fingers crossed.

Ron

I believe bigyank said he had some, above, no?

Pioneer727
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilch
    I believe bigyank said he had some, above, no?
    Sent him a PM .

Thanks

Ron

Pioneer727
    Quote Originally Posted by mech986
    Hi Pioneer727,

Welcome to Lansing Heritage! Hope you enjoy your time here. Sorry to hear about your L46 damage. Here may be some help.

I was watching this pair on Ebay as possible spares for my L46's but sounds like you need them more. If the woofers are truly blown (not putting out anything anymore), then these should be good replacements for you. Note the foam surround is not like the original thin rubber, but those surrounds have never been available AFAIK.

If you do decide to trash the old woofer because the voice coils are fried, please let me know. I could use the original foam gaskets on the front of the frame if they can be taken off intact (usually with a thin blade).

Here's the link, I suspect if you contact the seller and offer the opening price, he'll probably take it.

Regards,

Bart
    Mech986 If I get a replacement sure you can have the gaskets

Ron

BTW: Just for the sake of accurate info- the 116A/116H/116H-1/116H-2/116H-3 all have TWO INCH voice coil diameter. In contrast, the 117H has a ONE AND ONE HALF inch voice coil.

Also, the difference between the paper dustcap on the 116 and the felt dustcap on the 117, will also make for a sonic signature difference.

In short, I wouldn't interchange them, unless you're prepared to start changing crossovers...

Regards,
    Gordon.

Pioneer727
    Quote Originally Posted by GordonW
    BTW: Just for the sake of accurate info- the 116A/116H/116H-1/116H-2/116H-3 all have TWO INCH voice coil diameter. In contrast, the 117H has a ONE AND ONE HALF inch voice coil.

Also, the difference between the paper dustcap on the 116 and the felt dustcap on the 117, will also make for a sonic signature difference.

In short, I wouldn't interchange them, unless you're prepared to start changing crossovers...

Regards,
    Gordon.
    So I need the 117H-1 Would partsExpress have a 8" that would make a good replacement? I have to get them up and running again.

Ron

Pioneer727
    Quote Originally Posted by mech986
    Hi Pioneer727,

Regards,

Bart
    I want to Thank a few guys first mech986 for this Ebay Link
    and Zilch for sending me a PM stating he had relisted them.
    You Guys are the Best I now have my Woofers.
    Thank You!

Ron

Congrats and you're Welcome!!

Let us know how the woofers work out, remember that with new foams, they'll take some time to run in. Post some pics when you get them installed.

Regards,

Bart

Pioneer727
    I will oh do you still want the gaskets if I can get them off with tearing them LOL

Ron

Thread Information