Thread: They gotta Go!

They gotta Go!

So I'm sitting on the couch enjoying a hard earned moment of relaxation with some music when my wife and Daughter walk in. They have cases of Christmas decorations. They both stare at my speakers and ask, "Where do you suggest We put the christmas tree? The L-300s have been relocated to the office room facing the wall, unplugged and covered with a comforter. I got to have music so I bring out the Snell J's (4313B's getting rebuilt) and set them up. Both of the girls marvel how good they look and rave how good they sound. Like the title says they gotta go! AND I AIN'T TALKIN ABOUT THE SPEAKERS!

Geez

You are having a hell of a week!! I won't post a picture of a Bose system as your next speakers or post I spoke to your wife and those beasts are going for a new Bose system like we did in another forum. I mean paybacks a B****

Rob

They just don't get it Rob!

AudioGeek

Wink

They both stare at my speakers and ask, "Where do you suggest We put the christmas tree? The L-300s have been relocated to the office room facing the wall, unplugged and covered with a comforter.
    Bah HUMBUG!

Charley Rummel
    Lucky for me, I have a room in the basement off the family room which is my dedicated sound room. My "Cave," so to say.

On the other hand, I've suggested to my wife from time to time about putting some classic JBL's in the living room, such as the C34 and the up ended C40 which are currently in the basement family room. My pitch to her is along the lines of how great the living room entertainment center (believe me - nothing spectacular here!) can sound with improved equipment. My usual response from her is, "...you're not puting those ugly things and all that crap in my living room !!

Actually, the extra room in the basement was a key selling point when we first got the house.

Regards,
    Charley

Hell Yes Charley! I'm building a room just for my audio listening a watching football games in what I call "MANTOWN"!

Could be worse...

My 2 year old just pushed in the (new) dustcaps on my just-rebuilt LE14H-1's in the L250's.

Grrr......

jblnut

That's why I call it ManTown. I have lived in a house for almost 30 years with up to 4 woman. Where there are Daughters My wife felt more comfortable with the girls having thier boyfreinds here. This meant the exploration and subsequent distruction of my drivers. When I would look for CDs they would be gone! I've had it! I'm putting a room in with audio, a card table, a chess table, Game consoles, and screw all of them. It is ManTown because only a Man or Men can go in there. A "Man" is not someone who is dating my daughter and soon will be a liability as a wedding expense, Oh No! A Man is Me and my buddies That's it! As a pass is being released from the quaterbacks hand and is on route to the recievers hands with only seconds left on the clock....In Mantown I will not hear a "Honey can you get this, "Honey are you ignoring Me" or "Honey We need to talk" Oh no ....you see this is a sanctuary unlike the Mall or Bingo is to my counerpart. There will be plenty of time to bond after the game, after sports wrapup, after the CD has played. I deserve it and it will be done..............!

AudioGeek
    Hey 'beer -

When Mantown's completed, I'm there! Hope you don't mind I bring a few components over to audition on yer horns, etc??

Oh yeah...drinks r on me!

jblnut -

You can always sell the kid, and look for a mint set of Paragons with the profits.

Thread Information