Thread: NAD C372 Integrated Amp?

NAD C372 Integrated Amp?

I'm wanting to replace my receiver with an Integrated Amp. I have an opportunity to get a mint NAD C372 for a real good price. Does anyone have experience with this amp? I have had NAD power amps in the past and have been quite impressed with them. No experience with any of their newer stuff or integrateds. I would be driving L890's with it in my main listening room.

Thanks,
    Mark

pentictonklaus

Nad C 372

Sterephile Oct 2006 has a write up about it. I guess they kinda liked it.Not bad for a piece of gear that is less then $ 25k.

Klaus

Like it. A lot. Other than the C320BEE, the best sounding amp they've ever made, IMHO. And it's THREE TIMES the power of the C320. Serious muscle, great control, great balance.

I've yet to run into a situation where a C372 DIDN'T sound good on a good speaker, no matter what the speaker was. Very big bang-for-the-buck.

Regards,
    Gordon.

Quote Originally Posted by GordonW
    Like it. A lot. Other than the C320BEE, the best sounding amp they've ever made, IMHO. And it's THREE TIMES the power of the C320. Serious muscle, great control, great balance.

I've yet to run into a situation where a C372 DIDN'T sound good on a good speaker, no matter what the speaker was. Very big bang-for-the-buck.

Regards,
    Gordon.
    Thanks for the info Gordon! I am going to buy it and probably a power amp also to bi-amp my 890's. A few years ago, I had two 218THX's, bridged, driving a pair 250ti's. I sure wished I would have kept them! I may opt for a C272 or look for a 218. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by oznob
    Thanks for the info Gordon! I am going to buy it and probably a power amp also to bi-amp my 890's. A few years ago, I had two 218THX's, bridged, driving a pair 250ti's. I sure wished I would have kept them! I may opt for a C272 or look for a 218. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    G'Day Oznob,

If you want serious muscle and equally excellent sounding amp, go for the NAD 208THX 2-CH. It delivers power and finesse when required, is underated by some but it sure can keep up with the best of them considering its age.

I was using the 208 to drive my XPL-200's and it is a damn excellent amp. I now use a DX-1 and relegated the 208 to driving the low frequency section of the 200's.

If you get two of these guys bridged, you're talking outageously serious power......2kw peak dynamic power. One of the great features of the 208 is that they are able to drive speakers down to a 1ohm load with ease. Not many amps fall into this category.

They're also beautifully sweet sounding with great detail. NAD never made an amp as good as the 208 to this day, a pitty. I'm not saying the 218's are bad or anything but the 208's were a class above.

I sure wished I lived in the states as they're more readily available. Good luck in your hunt. Another amp to look for is the Cinepro 1k2 or 3k6...get the SE versions.

I must add that the 208 is brilliant for driving subs.

Cheers
    Pasadena.

Quote Originally Posted by pasadena
    G'Day Oznob,

If you want serious muscle and equally excellent sounding amp, go for the NAD 208THX 2-CH. It delivers power and finesse when required, is underated by some but it sure can keep up with the best of them considering its age.

I was using the 208 to drive my XPL-200's and it is a damn excellent amp. I now use a DX-1 and relegated the 208 to driving the low frequency section of the 200's.

If you get two of these guys bridged, you're talking outageously serious power......2kw peak dynamic power. One of the great features of the 208 is that they are able to drive speakers down to a 1ohm load with ease. Not many amps fall into this category.

They're also beautifully sweet sounding with great detail. NAD never made an amp as good as the 208 to this day, a pitty. I'm not saying the 218's are bad or anything but the 208's were a class above.

I sure wished I lived in the states as they're more readily available. Good luck in your hunt. Another amp to look for is the Cinepro 1k2 or 3k6...get the SE versions.

I must add that the 208 is brilliant for driving subs.

Cheers
    Pasadena.
    I picked up the C372 yesterday but haven't had a chance to listen to it yet. I will keep my eyes open for a 208 but they seem to be pretty scarce.

Thread Information