I own a vintage pair of S8's. The LE-15a's were just reconed by a JBL repair shop in Hamden CT. Now I am hearing distortion from the 375 horns, you can actually hear them rattle at certain frequency's (violins). The 075's are still nice and clean. My question is should I have the diaphragm replaced in the 375's with a 2440 diaphragm? That is what Alltel in Bridgeport, CT shows for a replacement or the 2441 diamond pattern if it's available. I also damaged the dust screen when a screwdriver got sucked down the horn. Wow, those are strong magnets!

When it comes time to downsize would you recommend parting them or selling them whole? My cabinets are only in fair condition.

Another little story….. I bought a second stereo system with B&W N804's and a Velodyne HGS15 sub. This stereo is a thousand times more tonally and spatially accurate than the JBL’s but lacks the kick in the chest the JBL’s deliver. The JBL sound is very much like a live performance all the time vs a studio recording. Are B&W’s for wimps? Are JBL’s outdated and obsolete? Are horns too harsh? What are your thoughts? Thanks for your time.