Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The diy speaker saga continues...

Here is a good shot of the back hookups. The attenuators are mounted to a powder coated rolled edge piece of 18 gauge steel. Not to get into a cable debate, but the cables from Dual Connect did bring up the HF. The 077's can really shine now with some excellent sibilance and sizzle. The 2235H's are really starting to break in and give me the synergy with my system I've been searching to achieve.

Shanling Monoblocks

Is that a pair of Shanling Monoblocks I can see in the photo ? I was thinking about buying a set for myself. What are they loke?

Cheers

John

The Shanlings are an absolute joy. They have more than enough power, are very good across the freq spectrum and have wonderful imaging. Well at least with these speakers. I've rolled in several amps over time and always come back to these.

Shanling Monoblocks

Quote Originally Posted by Wardsweb
    The Shanlings are an absolute joy. They have more than enough power, are very good across the freq spectrum and have wonderful imaging. Well at least with these speakers. I've rolled in several amps over time and always come back to these.
    I have a pair of Klipsch Horns and Altec 604-8G's which I will soon mount into Bill Forts cabnet design. I have a Shanling CD-T100 and have been knocked out by sound quality. I use SET valve monoblocks but at 9 watts I wanted a little more botom end. The Shanlings look liked they would do the job. Thanks heaps for the feedback.

John

That speaker build is inspirational - a modern approach. I do wonder if it progressed to completion? I for one would love to see it!

Function of a function = a Functional

http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne...5821222&size=o

I observed your nice looking speakers might also be used as a subcomponent of a grander design. Compare the link above with the exterior shape of your cabinets. They could also be incorporated into a grander horn, for that 60,000 SF castle you always wanted.....

JBL 4645

Smile Delicious

I like those JBL custom made beauties mate delicious.

Note: You really should place objects that can be easily subjected to vibrations on top of the loudspeakers and under different frequencies and sound pressure levels will make rattling and buzzing sounds!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    How close are they to the rear wall? Those ports do need some room to breathe.
    Usually the at least the diameter of the port spaced off the wall will do the trick.

Very nice looking project you have going there. Where are you bringing that 2405 in at, also what driver on the Altec horn? 802-8G?

Jeff
    J/S-S1A
    Jeff-S1A

Thread Information