Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DIY 4430 the Beginning

DIY 4430 the Beginning

Ralf and me started with the 4430 DIY
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Nice original Terminal Plate eh?

Hey - here's another 4430 DIY in progress....

It's a L220 with original LE14H-1 / PR15D and the 2425/2344.

The mate is mirror imaged and the new baffle is made of the same walnut veneer. These have only the sealing layer of finish applied.

The crossover is the 4435 model with the extra LF output so additional nearby subs can be added if desired.

Yes - those are new foilcals also...

sub

Thumbs up

Very Nice !

Guido / Ralf - I do love the look of the crossover parts you have available to you.

SubWoof - that's still a mockup ? Tape, Yes / No ?

<> EarlK
    Last edited by Earl K; 12-03-2003 at 06:40 PM.

YO...youse mockin' my up???

Yeah - I haven't mounted the components / cut out the horn baffle yet. Been to busy burying people lately....

I figured recycling a pair of L220 cabs was a bit easier than creating new ones and the footprint has a better SAF.

I will try substituting the 1400Nd's I have for testing but who knows the final result..

BTW - these *are* for sale should anyone have an interest. Also a pair of empty 4343's with crossovers.

Free ( well almost ) delivery around new years if near the I-81 corridor from NY to NC then to Kwest....

sub

Obsolete
    Originally posted by Earl K
    Guido / Ralf - I do love the look of the crossover parts you have available to you.
    Yeah but the inductors are mounted vertical which means all the little electrons will have to attempt to run up one side and then risk falling down and tumbling over each other coming down the other side. It isn't going to be very pretty. Eventually many of them will be seriously hurt, maybe even killed, and then little electron juice puddles will leak out all over the place.

AudioGeek
    Hey sub -

Awesome idea with the L220 cabs, and they look great too! Let us know how they sound.

How much'll U be wanting for the pair?

Hi Woof, No mockingbirds here, though they are rare and quite pretty . I love tape. (Gaffer) tape is my best friend .

I figured recycling a pair of L220 cabs was a bit easier than creating new ones and the footprint has a better SAF.

Nice idea. Plus I appreciate the incorporation of the 2344, which has taken a little bit of a beating lately .

<. Earl K

"all the little electrons will have to attempt to run up one side and then risk falling down and tumbling over each other coming down the other side. It isn't going to be very pretty. Eventually many of them will be seriously hurt, maybe even killed,"

oh, oh !

Think of poor Ian Mac: "Inductors can be, just so cruel" , and the "Moon-Boots" can't save him this time .

<> Earl K

Originally posted by Giskard
    Yeah but the inductors are mounted vertical which means all the little electrons will have to attempt to run up one side and then risk falling down and tumbling over each other coming down the other side. It isn't going to be very pretty. Eventually many of them will be seriously hurt, maybe even killed, and then little electron juice puddles will leak out all over the place.
    Thats exactly the reason we did it
    No mercy with these electrons

But here is the solution:

We put a funnel-shaped collector under the Xover. This collector speeds up the electrons in a way, that gives a 2235 a sound like screwed in a horn. This construction was copied the first time in "back to the future". Also known as "flux generator"....
    16 Hz can not be substituted

Obsolete
    Alrighty then!

I see you guys know how to get around the "obvious"!

Carry on

Alex Lancaster

Talking

Finally!!, You guys make some sense, I was worried.

Alex.

Yeah but the inductors are mounted vertical which means all the little electrons will have to attempt to run up one side and then risk falling down and tumbling over each other coming down the other side.
    Yer goofy, Giskard...

I think it will become widely known as [size=large]The Electron Theme Park[/size], and as word spreads far-and-wide in Electrondom it start perhaps a trend of new and ever-larger, and riskier Theme Parks with bigger inductor rides...

And, Subwoof - I wish ALL Foilcals were fastened-on that way! Would save a bunch of heartbreak. Beauty cabinets, dude. Beauty.
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

Obsolete
    Originally posted by boputnam
    I wish ALL Foilcals were fastened-on that way! Would save a bunch of heartbreak.
    Use double stick tape; I use the little 3M squares. Velcro works too, the little round buttons, use a speedbore to countersink them sufficiently.

Thread Information