I went to the bookstore today and got a copy of Stereo Sound's special issue, 60th Anniversary - JBL. The soft covered, 300 page book is loaded with beautiful pictures of past and current JBL speakers, interspersed with interviews with key JBL personnel, such as Paul Bente and Greg Timbers, among other notables. However, the real icing on the cake is a 90 page section that comprises a fully comprehensive history of JBL, the man, the company and the products. Two names are given credits for contributing this very readable and educational piece to this commemorative edition, that of Donald McRitchie and Steve Schell.

There have been similar articles, written by Japanese audio critics and writers, in Japanese hifi magazines in the past, but none, as far as I can remember, as detailed and informative as this. I'm sure Japanese JBL fans will thoroughly enjoy reading the article and also learn new facts at the same time.

Don, Steve, congratulations to you both for a job well done! I don't know if there will be an English version of the special commemorative issue, but I sure do hope so for the sake of all the members here. If not, your articles, in original text, ought to be stored in the Library section, permitting there is no issue of copyright with Stereo Sound of Japan.

Steve K