Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Use of L200 components

Heh:

"Loudspeaker Development Laboratories A Worldwide Phenomenon!"

[Lock up yer L200s.... ]

Last Pic

Sounds pretty dam good

JonathanKeehn
    Great work, as always. Hope to hear them at your place soon. I'll bet those bass horns really kick butt.

Regis
    Nice work! Your workshop looks like a JBL version of the 'mad scientist! Intriguing little boxes everywhere, cardboard, metal. wood and it's all good. Wish I could hear the pair.

3106 Xovers

The 3 pictures show the layout and the board used as a fixture. Put together as a sub assembly. This one used JBL inductors, Solen, Audio Cap and Wonder Cap for capacitors. These Xovers were JBL grey and
    repainted with satin black. After hearing the improvement I will be redoing
    all my Xovers. Will try some Mundorf supreme silver/oil caps on the next
    ones and maybe some CC's

JonathanKeehn
    I went to JBL4ever's workshop yesterday and heard the speakers driven by a JBL Urei 6290 amp. They sounded great including a good solid bass kick down to about 45 Hz. I was really impressed by the upgraded crossovers. The 2405/077's sounded significantly clearer and more articulate than the old components. I definately need to upgrade my LX13 and 3105 crossovers in my L-300-style system. The improvement was not subtile. I think anyone with old JBL networks would do well to upgrade the series capacitors and add bypass caps to their mid and high frequency networks. It's a lot of improvement for not much money.

I have a custom modified 4530 - modified to be front-loaded...... what a great improvement using it front-loaded. Its over on my grandmothers covered patio at the moment on its side as the stand for a 7' X 4' 1 inch thick glass tabletop ( it had a furniture dolly under it and you could roll the table), last time I was over there someone took it off the dolly and has it flat on the cement ....and my grandmother has plants on the table and I sure hope it hasn't gotten watered itself!! . I better get over there and put the tables base under the glass and retrieve the cabinet. I used a 2395 on top of the cabinet (forget what driver is on the horn/lense) which is as wide as the cabinet... on the cabinet under the 2395 in the "V" of the lense I put a 2405. the overall sound is very nice. I will have to retrieve it and take some photos to show you how to modify a 4530 to be a front-loaded horn. Mark
    audition - noun The sense, ability,
    or "power of hearing".

Thread Information