Thread: JBL-L200T3

Smile JBL-L200T3

I HAVE A CHANCE TO PICK UP A PAIR OF L200T3s HERE LOCALLY WITH A KENWOOD RACK SYSTEM FOR $400.00 I HAVE NO USE FOR THE RACK SYSTEM, BUT I AM INTRESTED IN THE L200T3S DOES ANYONE HAVE A PAIR AND CAN TELL ME HOW THEY SOUND COMPARED TO OTHER JBL SPEAKERS? ALSO HOW WOULD THEY GO SONICALLY WITH MY L80T3S AS REAR OR SIDE SURROUNDS? THANKS IN ADVANCE. JIM

I think if it were me I would run back there and get 'em.

David

Edit: But then, that's me. Sometimes I buy and ask questions later. Don't know how they'd work with those other speakers in an HT setup. Tho' they are ostensibly the same series, they do not have the same tweeter/midrange. More info here:
    http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...ead.php?t=1555

The L200T3 are rare and hard to find, They are a home version of the 4425 monitor with a 12" woofer and a 2416 comprssion driver with a 2342 horn. If you get them they will become your fronts with the L80's as rears. For $400 in decent shape that's a good deal IMHO. Watch the condition of the foam on the woofers. The condition of the woofers is important as there are no cone kits available for them. If they just need a refoam and work you should be OK. If they are damaged you would hard pressed to find another woofer and I don't think a 2214 is a drop in. Definately listen to them then decide.

Good Luck

http://manuals.harman.com/JBL/HOM/Te...200t3%20ts.pdf

Rob
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Smile L200T3s

ok thanks guys im going to go take a look at them in the next couple days. perhaps friday. as soon as the owner gets back from vacation not exactly sure of the date he's coming back. he is the second owner of these and never listens to them. i know the fellow who bought these orginally in 1990 i think it was, and he was very careful with all his gear so i think there in like mint condition, if all remains the same. according to the fellow that has them now he put them in his listening room and they havent moved since. so i have high hopes for the condition of these. as soon as i get them if i do ill post pics. REGARDS JIM

It’s been a long time but....

Quote Originally Posted by jim3860 View Post
    I HAVE A CHANCE TO PICK UP A PAIR OF L200T3s HERE LOCALLY WITH A KENWOOD RACK SYSTEM FOR $400.00 I HAVE NO USE FOR THE RACK SYSTEM, BUT I AM INTRESTED IN THE L200T3S DOES ANYONE HAVE A PAIR AND CAN TELL ME HOW THEY SOUND COMPARED TO OTHER JBL SPEAKERS? ALSO HOW WOULD THEY GO SONICALLY WITH MY L80T3S AS REAR OR SIDE SURROUNDS? THANKS IN ADVANCE. JIM
    I found a mint pair. Had a brilliant 40+ year JBL Pro tech redo my woofers. They are tremendous. I e owned L100t, L100T3. None have the amazing midrange and high end realism. I’m using L3 for my back channel due to their size. Awesome.

Thread Information