Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Interesting Forum Membership Stats

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Mackenzie
    (snip)
    Of a more humorous note a look behind the scenes at some of these top posters. Here the faces of our Lansing Mafia.

From the top, the colorful Mr Widget looks after the Western Frontier, a master craftsman with an eye for all things fine and beautiful.

Ol Tin Ear the "Bitch" Putnam, our Minion and Treasurer. Poet of phrase and master of syntax. Knob farming behind a Venice Spirit Live desk is his favourite past.

Robert H. The Goldfather looks after everything East of the Hudson on the Coast. One system is not enough for this tinkerer, he has to have three diy JBLs. Loves Sail boats and will never say no to a Pub crawl!

(snip)
    Great album, Ian.

It's interesting that member posting positions 7 through 9 have no avatars. John, Scott, Earl, w'up?

Methinks I see a gauntlet there. Anyone ready to throw it down?
    Out.

Mr. Widget has lapped Zilch over 1000 posts.
    The counts are quite obviously bogus....

Zich,

Speaking of avatars

Time for a self portrait in those new threads I sent you!

Ian

Dome,

Speaking of Pub crawls

The funny thing is when he's had a few he wants to "fire" everyone.

We started off in Midtown about 11am, it was great and ended up in Times Square at night. I would encourage regional Lansing Pub crawls, we had a lot of laugh's and yes there is life and there are real people on the end of our posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Robh3606
    I wonder what my post count would be if it went all the way back to the original Forums. That was what? 06/01/2001 when I signed into the guestbook. Geez time flies!!!!
    The data should be parsed by years of membership, too. That might make more sense of it all. And true, the pre-2003 data is gone...
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

True Knob Farmer,

Unfortunately the data does not tell us who are the most frequent posters by date or time period.

And true, the pre-2003 data is gone...
    It's not lost, since I still have the files. The problem is that someone would have to recreate the threads from individual posts since the indexes are gone. For those too new to remember, this is actually the 5th forum we've had on the site. The first three used a really primitive threaded forum software package that seemed to fail every time we reached around 3000 posts. It failed three times between May 2000 and June 2002, meaning that around 9000 total posts were made using that system. I then moved to a commercial forum package called Gossamer Threads in June 2002 until our then ISP shut us down in March 2003 saying that package used too many resources. That forum had about 9000 posts in it. In April 2003, John Nebel made the extremely generous offer host us using his ISP service at no charge. That allowed the move to Vbulletin which has been functioning ever since. In the three or so years of using Vbulletin, nearly 120,000 posts have been made. For those keeping track, the score is: first three years - 18,000 posts, next three years - 120,000 posts. We've grown a fair bit..
    Regards

Don McRitchie

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome
    Great album, Ian.

It's interesting that member posting positions 7 through 9 have no avatars. John, Scott, Earl, w'up?

Methinks I see a gauntlet there. Anyone ready to throw it down?
    I need to take a pic of a bumper car, that will be MY avatar!

But, wow, been talking JBL/Altec for four years going on five! And things have changed alot in the last few years!

scottyj

Hey Ti, got me an avatar now!

Hows that?

scottyj

Unfortunately my avator fits me too well!

And yes, that is my garage.

Need to get rid of many cabinets yet.....too bad most of them are just good enough for starter projects.

Ron
    JBL Pro for home use!

Way cool, Scott.

Noobs'll want to know what kind of JBL speaker that is.

You can "play" them for weeks.

[We won't tell.... ]

You can "play" them for weeks.
    Yeah! We can tell them it's a special 60th Aniversery surround sound chair with and all kinds of magic stuff. Lets see 7 channels, stereo subs, 1500 watts of built in power and a 100 disk CD player and a projector for a head light. All you needs a screen. Scott you have a bumper car with a single headlight???

Rob

No, the older cars have auto style headlights, two per front of car, and two in rear. The car in my avatar is the new cars, and those are LED headlights. They are cool because they put out alot of light with very little power, and they last a long time. The old style with bulbs are a PITA!

When you see the speakers in here, there is NO mistake about where you are at! Its kind of like driving around inside the nightclub, massive speaker stacks.

This coming spring, I decided I will open up with a rack full of Bryston, and I may go all QSC on subs. And some new lighting effects to go with the sound as well.

As soon as I can, meaning figure out " How To ", I will post pics of the place on the Eldorado thread! I will probably post pics of my shop, and my big Snap On Roll Cab tool chest too. I am very proud of what I do, and the tools that I use, and all that mechanical stuff. Im as into tools as I am audio!

scottyj

Dome,

Speaking of Pub crawls

The funny thing is when he's had a few he wants to "fire" everyone.

We started off in Midtown about 11am, it was great and ended up in Times Square at night. I would encourage regional Lansing Pub crawls, we had a lot of laugh's and yes there is life and there are real people on the end of our posts.
    Regional crawls definitely. I've crawled (out of) a lot of places, but the best crawls are in England. I did the Rickmansworth Crawl north of London with a bunch of footballers, seven pubs in two blocks. We ended up at a Pakistani Curry House around 2 AM, alternately slurping curry and barfing in our beers.

Maybe we can find bars with JBLs in them here in SoCal for a commemorative tour.
    Out.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by scott fitlin
    Hey Ti, got me an avatar now!

Hows that?

In my best Mr. Burns, "Ex-cellent!"
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Out.

Thread Information