Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Revel Ultima2 Series

Smile full frontal

This is the picture I was trying to get. I saw it on the 14th, but couldn't find it after Widget reminded me this had happened. This is a much better look from the front at the Ultima2 Salon.

From the top:

Be dome 1" tweeter with EOS Waveguide

Ti inverted dome 4" midrange w/ dual neodymium magnet and ribbon wire voice coils

Ti inverted dome 6.5" midbass w/ dual neodymium magnet and ribbon wire voice coils

Ti inverted dome 8" woofer w/ dual neodymium magnet and ribbon wire voice coils

Notice the baffle design around the tweeter and midrange. For the cabinet freaks, it's real wood on the sides, too.

The picture and comments can be found here:

http://blog.ultimateavmag.com/cedia2006/081006Revel3/
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Out.

Question You need amps for these?

Well, stablemate Lexicon cooked up three seven-channels amps that complement the new line if you need power. Look here

http://blog.hometheatermag.com/cedia...6lexiconrevel/

for "Lexicon Mates with Revel." (That's illegal in some states, right?)
    Out.

Smile A different view

Here you can see the Ultima2 Studio on the left and the Ultima2 Salon on the right. They're said to be 6dB more sensitive than their predecessors. The baffles are nine layers of sculpted, laminated MDF.

At $22,000 a pair for the Salons and $16,000 for the Studios, they're not that expensive. Compare them to the K2 S9800 at about $30,000 a pair and the Everest DD 66000 at $60,000.

For a direct radiator, Ti, Waveguide kind of guy, the Studios look really attractive and even the TOL Salons are more attainable than the horn-based K2 S9800s.

http://www.shows.soundstagelive.com/...toppers_1.html
    Out.

It all sounds good, but I'd shure like to see the head of engineering's salary as compared the head of marketing. I don't blame Harman but I bet marketing does better. I know people who speak of Leavenson as pre and post Harmon. I've always wondered about that Lexus system ( I've never heard it) since you can spend more on Lenenson then the Lexus cost. I'd love to hear the systems thair refering to, I've probably had my head in a bucket for a few years I didn't know Harmon had more speaker companys than JBL and Infinity, I'm going to go listen but I have such a hard time behaving myself when the talk of magic wire comes about. Guess I'll just ask them if they have a crystal on their microwave to protect themselves, my luck they'll have several choices for sale.

Question What's this? 1

Is this an updated PC600 from the Performance Series?

Why, no, it's the Ultima2 voice.
    Out.

Smile What's this? 2

Is this an updated PT800 from the Performance Series?

Why, no, it's an Ultima2 Gem.
    Out.

Why won't they let JBL do this?????? Why, oh why???? that's what I've been saying they should do for over a year

In a brief listening session, the new Salon 2s were very impressive, exhibiting almost shocking levels of “see-through” transparency, lively and lifelike dynamics, and the ability to resolve exceedingly fine musical details that would simply get lost in most other loudspeaker systems.
    Gee, that's what we've been saying about the PS series for so long......

Well..one thing we just learned about Harmon... Now we know how much you have to spend to get black paint on the frames of the transducers..

Wink Yes, it's true

Quote Originally Posted by JBLnsince1959
    Well..one thing we just learned about Harmon... Now we know how much you have to spend to get black paint on the frames of the transducers..
    ha ha ha
    Out.

Black Paint?

Dome... outwardly they may look similar, but the drivers look like really serious JBLs from the rear... at the show they had them all out on the table and we could pick them up and really look at them. What's more they aren't even made by the same vendor as the JBLs.

Is this going to be like your Performance Series et. al. threads, with ten thousand TiDome posts?

Widget

I don't see what this thread has to do with Lansing Heritage...after all Kevin Voecks from Revel said that this is "Harman" Technology.

What does that tell ya?
    Edgewound...JBL Pro Authorized...since 1988
    Upland Loudspeaker Service, Upland, CA

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget
    Dome... outwardly they may look similar, but the drivers look like really serious JBLs from the rear... at the show they had them all out on the table and we could pick them up and really look at them. What's more they aren't even made by the same vendor as the JBLs.

Is this going to be like your Performance Series et. al. threads, with ten thousand TiDome posts?

Widget
    Yes, I'm sure they redesigned them from the ground up, Particularly the woofers. any idea on the crossover points? I was reading about the mags on them..nice, real nice...

I'm seriously thinking on those and will start saving...

I personally promise not to write more than 7000 post if that will help...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget

Widget
    I'm sure these enclosures, drivers, and networks are better in many different ways, yet the similarities are uncanny and worthy of comment. For the price differential I'd expect significant qualitative advancements all 'round.

As for "ten thousand TiDome posts," well you know me well enough to ask, so I think you know me well enough to answer. It's going to be

Heck, there's still gas in the tank over in the PS thread.
    Out.

Quote Originally Posted by edgewound
    I don't see what this thread has to do with Lansing Heritage...after all Kevin Voecks from Revel said that this is "Harman" Technology.

What does that tell ya?
    Lansing Related Gear....

I suppose we could move it up to General Audio Discussion, but does it really matter?

Widget

i want does tweeters for my LSR 6332 but who know if there are compatible with the cross over which by the way is at the same point 2.2 4th order with the same waveguide but i don't know about sensitivity and impedance

may be one of you more savvy persons could tell me

because those tweeters are not going to be cheap

Thread Information